Welcome Guest!
 csy
RE: Perkins 4-236 / Borg-Warner Transmission / 4-blade propeller -  memor-@earthlink.net
 Aug 13, 2007 11:44 PDT
Hi Jim,
Not to worry too much but yes, those of us that have been around awhile have been and will drop off, for different reasons.   That's life. What IS important, is that good/bad information comes into the site as food for discussion. "Nobody" has "nothing" to say:)

Any serious question usually gets multiple answers, I believe. BS gets hammered ...then all of us are respected- as we should -by answering both ends of the spectrum, thus feeding the site properly.

At 5 years, you certainly know something that somebody else does not, believe me. Ask questions, and try to support others that maybe do not have your confidence in their interpretation of what they are experiencing. go for it. As long as you are polite, no one will ever bark. If they do. others of us will bite:) Overall we are a great bunch.

Hope all is well.

Ron Sheridan
Follow our travels: http://memoryrose.blogspot.com
memor-@earthlink.net

----- Original Message -----
From: Guthormsen, James
To: penf-@strato.net;cs-@topica.com;Ron Sheridan
Sent: 8/13/2007 10:24:55 AM
Subject: RE: [CSY] Perkins 4-236 / Borg-Warner Transmission / 4-blade propeller -

Ron,
Iím probably more of a listener that a poster, but Iím still very much of a learner, not a teacher. I do appreciate all the information on this group, and have managed to use some of it.
I do hope that all you guys with all the past knowledge and experience will keep it flowing. We relative new owners need all the help we can get. Iíve owned my 44WT for almost 5 years but I still find new and interesting things about her, and by reading all the e-mails I do learn things, but at my age I donít remember all of them.
Keep up the Good work, we do appreciate it.
Jim Guthormsen
s/v Amata Marie 44wt #34