Welcome Guest!
 csy
Re: Bright Work Recommendations  AndrewZRX
 Aug 15, 2007 00:33 PDT

Practical Sailor has some great articles on this. Epifanes and Cetol seem
to be their favourites. They've been doing ongoing tests - check out their
website to find which issues you need:

http://www.practical-sailor.com/

Myself I've used Cetol, and while it looks great initially, it does require
a lot of upkeep, as others have mentioned. And it's not just UV you need to
consider - extended heavy-weather sailing also takes its toll on the
varnish...

Andrew

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter and Jan Hibbard" <phib-@gmail.com>
To: <cs-@topica.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 12:04 AM
Subject: [CSY] Bright Work Recommendations

Was looking for recommendations for bright work. Mine is a faded grey
with streaks of old Cetol. Was in a boatyard in Pensacola today. They
first strip with a heat gun and or a liquid stripper and then sand.
Their prefernce was to use two coats of sealer (Petit or Interlux), 4-6
coats of Schooner type varnish followed by two coats of Allgrip clear.
They said they get 2 years out of this application. I was wondering what
others are having success with? Has anyone used Bristol? TeQua?

Thanks,

Peter and Jan Hibbard
CSY 37 B "JAZZ" 1978 #006