Welcome Guest!
 csy
Bright Work - not...  Max & Lucette of deLight
 Aug 15, 2007 13:17 PDT

"Mine is a faded grey with streaks of old Cetol"
"If I can't keep up with it, I will probably let is go gray and natural
again"
(those are two quotes from some of our fellow boaters, today)
- - -
I am going to go out on a limb here and ask a question and then duck...
Sorry to all you purest - Dag and Paul you know that we love you and Yes,
your boats are works of art - but here's my question...
- - -
Has anyone sealed the outside teak and then just painted over it? Like with
two part epoxy beige paint or a brown teak-colored paint?
I am sick of trying to keep up with the teak and then after every 20 plus
days
of ocean sail - the stuff looks crappy again. OR should I say a lovely
shade of
grey with streaks of old cetol...
- - -
I have also applied Bar Keepers Friend (oxalic acid) with wonderful results.
But I have done that inside and then I paste waxed the teak and left it
natural.
- - -
so any one willing to admit to painting the outside teak?
You can always write me in private - if afraid - :-))
csy33d-@gmail.com
Lucette & Max
33 of the 33's
currently on the island of Terceira in the Azores