Welcome Guest!
 csy
Re: Bright Work Recommendations  D.Hanssen
 Aug 15, 2007 14:19 PDT

I have been using Bristol Finish for 7 years, but not to happy about it.
It is hard to work it and it cracks and bubbles and needs maintenance.

Finally decided to do a complete strip job and build up 15 coats of
Epifanes.
Now in the middle of it.
The first few coats of Epifanes are on and looking good.

Not doing all that myself, but found an old pro that is worth his weight in
gold.
I work overtime in my job to pay him and the job gets done the right way.
So far he has worked 6 days a week for 3 and 1/2 weeks and we have 3 coats
on.

Slow going but there was repair work on the old teak going on as well.
I am confident the result will be spectacular and I am also confident I am
spending way too much money on this old boat...:-)

Dag
S/V "Rhapsody", 1979 CSY 33 Cutter, Hull # 19.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a
ride!"