Welcome Guest!
 csy
Brightwork- not  usvturningpoint@netzero.com
 Aug 15, 2007 14:26 PDT

Ok, I'll admit it!
When we got our CSY 37B, 'Turningpoint' the wood work had not a speck of varnish left after nearly ten years of neglect. Worse, the toe rail in particular was so worn away. the hard grain standing so proud that there was little wood left to sand and restore to varnish again.
We scrubbed away the dead wood with coarse brushes, soap, water and a.mild bleach solution. While it dried we headed to the local hardware and purchased a good quality outdoor deck sealer in clear. The old tak soaked up that sealer like water poured on the beach but two coats later we had a nice natural dark teak toe rail impervious to further sun and water damage. We now scrub and recoat once a year, and if I do say so 'Turningpoint' looks traditional as all get out!
Capt.Dave and Elaine