Welcome Guest!
 CuisineIntl News
December 2004 Newsletter  Cuisine International
 Dec 10, 2004 14:48 PST

December 2004 Newsletter

What a joyous year Cuisine International has had. We have increased our
business as well as our family, traveled to new locations and revisited
those we love the best. We have exciting new news to announce after the
first of the year concerning wonderful new opportunities with Cuisine
International. How blessed we are at this wonderful time of the year.
As is our custom, we are sending some of the Holiday recipes we have
gathered from our clients and send you their best holiday cheer. We are
eagerly awaiting the coming 2005 year. Thanks to you, our readers and
clients, we are so very grateful.

We wish all of you a very Happy and Peaceful Holiday Season and New
Year. Perhaps by breaking bread and drinking wine together around the
world, we can do our part to understand and be accepting of one another.

***************
News
***************
Among the upcoming 2005 news, we will be featuring Spain as the up and
coming gastronomic region of Europe. We have a son moving to Madrid so
we will certainly be spending a lot of time exploring this area for you.
Please visit our website in the coming months for these exciting
opportunities. We will also be offering new culinary holidays in South
America to offset the drop in the dollar against the Euro. Here it is
much less expensive to travel and the food selections are so delicious.
We will be publishing our 2005 travel schedule just after the first of
the year and look forward to having you join us as we tour the world
dining and drinking the finest food and wine.

***************
Holiday Recipes
***************

VEAL PAN ROAST WITH SAGE

This Holiday recipe comes to us from Sonia Cos in Friuli

Ingredients:
Veal loin gr. 800
Butter 3 – 4 tablespoons butter
Sage a bunch of fresh
Salt and pepper to taste
All purpose white flour a sprinkle
Dry white wine ½ glass
Aluminum foil

Instructions:
Cut the loin in 4 parts, about 2 cm. thick. In a pan, melt the butter
and half handful of sage. Add the meat and brown it on both sides at a
high heat. Remove the meat from the pan and wrap it in a foil with
butter and sage. Keep the foil in a warm place. Replace the butter in
the pan with some new butter and sprinkle the pan bottom with some
flour. Add the wine and let it evaporate. Filter the juice obtained.
Remove the loins from the foil and slice them. Add salt to taste and
transfer the slices on a serving plate. Add the filtered juice to the
foil sauce, a few sage leaves and a knob of butter. Pour the sauce on
the slices and serve hot.

FONDANT AU CHOCOLAT CHAUD

HOT CHOCOLATE FONDANT PUDDING

When I asked for a very special dessert to serve for a Holiday dinner,
Les Mas des Olivier sent this incredible sounding Fondant au Chocolat
Chaud. I can hardly wait to try it and know you will feel the same.

(INGREDIENTS)
2 3/4 oz/80g flour
3 1/2 oz/100g dark chocolate
3 1/4 oz/90g baking powder
5 eggs
2 1/4 oz/60g butter
1 1/4 oz/40g caster/brown sugar
13 tbsp/6 1/2 fl oz/195ml fresh whipping cream, chilled
8 1/2 fl oz/250ml vanilla ice-cream

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time 4-5 minutes
Serves 4
Break the chocolate into small pieces and allow it to melt in a
bain-marie
Break the eggs into a separate chilled mixing bowl, add the sugar and
beat
Pour in the melted chocolate and continue to beat briskly
Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl
Slowly add the flour, a little at a time to the egg and sugar mixture
until incorporated
Bake in a preheated oven at 465F/240C for 4-5 minutes
While they are cooking, whip the chilled cream
Place a spoon of the whipped cream in the centre of four serving plates
Take the fondant chocolates from the oven and place on top of the cream
Place a scoop of ice-cream at the side and serve immediately

PORTUGAL offers unique and delicious recipes for the holiday season.
These were sent to us by Refugio da Vila for your enjoyment.

TUNA AND BLACK EYED PEAS FROM PORTUGAL
Perfect for cocktail parties and a new and exciting offering for New
Years for good luck!
.
1 small can of black eye beans, rinsed
1 small can of tuna fish in olive oil [not water packed]
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 shallot, minced
1/2 of coriander or cilantro leaves
2 hard boiled eggs, cut in little cubes
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of white wine vinegar.

In a large bowl, gently mix all the ingredients and season with sea salt
and freshly grounded black pepper. Refrigerate and serve when cold.
Serve 6-8.

DOG FISH SOUP FROM PORTUGAL

The Dog Fish soup is one of the most traditional in the Alentejo as the
dog fish was one of the few fishes could withstand the journey from the
coast to the inland. As it may be difficult for you to find dog fish,
this soup can be done with any firm white fish, like hallibut.

4 pieces of dogfish - or any firm white fish
1 cup of coriander leaves
1 bay leaf
8 cloves of garlic
2 table spoons of wheat flour
3 table spoons of olive oil
2 table spoons of white wine vinegar
4 cups of warm water.

Heat the olive oil in the pot. Slightly fry the sliced garlic, the
coriander leaves and the bay leaf. Add the flour all at once and stir
constantly. Add the warm water, one cup at the time, always stirring.
When this mixture is about to boil, add the fish, let it simmer for
about 10 minutes and just before finished, add the vinegar. Serve the
soup with breadcrumbs.

CHEESE CAKE FROM PORTUGAL

This Cheese Cake recipe is typical from the Alentejo where it is easy to
find fresh goat cheese. If this is not available near your, you can
replace it by fresh mozarella cheese.

2 1/2 cups of crumble fresh goat cheese
2 cups of sugar
4 table spoons of wheat flour
7 yolks
3 whole eggs
1 pinch of powder cinnamon
juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons of honey
butter

In the mixer, put together the cheese and the sugar. Beat in a low speed
until creamy. Add the eggs and the yolks. Add the flour, one tablespoon
at the time. Add the cinnamon and the lemon juice and allow to mix
together.

Butter the baking pan and cover with the baking sheet. Butter again and
sprinkle sugar around the pan. Put the mixture in and take it to a
pre-heated oven for 30 minutes, at 180ºCelsius.

Cupola of Pancakes
(Cupola di crepes

Whenever I am looking for a fabulous recipe for an event or occasion, I
know I can always turn to Diane Seed in Rome. She has travelled Italy
gathering so many recipes. This is another spectacular Neapolitan dish
invented for special occasions. The Crepes can be made the day before,
and for vegetarians you can omit the prosciutto. It works very well with
green asparagus in place of zucchini for an even more tempting dish.

I found this recipe perfect for a brunch dish during the busy holidays
as it can be prepared ahead and baked just at serving time.

Crepes
    250 g flour
    600 ml milk
    4 eggs
    40 g melted butter
    salt

Bechamel sauce
    120 g butter
    100 g flour
    200g zucchini, lightly boiled and purėed
    1 litre milk
    nutmeg
    salt

Filling
    150 g prosciutto, cut into matchsticks
    150 g shredded mozzarella cheese
    250 g small zuchini, sliced and fried in olive oil
    25 g butter
    50 g Parmesan cheese

Beat together the pancake ingredients and leave to stand for a few
hours. Make the pancakes one at a time and stack in a pile to cool when
they will be easier to handle. Prepare the sauce by melting the butter
and cooking the flour before gradually stirring in the seasoned warm
milk and zucchini mixture.
Fry the zucchini discs until they begin to change colour. Shred the
mozzarella and mix in a bowl with the prosciutto. Butter a shallow round
ovenproof dish no more than 1 cm high and put in the first pancake.
Smear on a little sauce with the back of a wooden spoon then spread on
some of the zucchini and a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan. Cover
with the second pancake and repeat the process. The pancakes will
gradually form a mound and you should use the béchamel sauce and wooden
spoon to mould the cupola evenly. Brown in a hot oven, 200 C. 400 F.,
and serve at once. The dish can be prepared in advance and browned at
the last minute. Cut like a cake in vertical slices.

Buon Appetito,
Judy & Dick
www.cuisineinternational.com
in-@cuisineinternational.com