Welcome Guest!
 DESSERT DU JOUR
RDJ-- Key Lime Cheesecake, 04-19-12  DDJ
 Apr 19, 2012 12:11 PDT

_______________________________________

Dessert du Jour      04-19-12
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1533-0966

Encourage your friends and family to subscribe!
_______________________________________

Key Lime Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
1/2 cup Key lime juice
Garnishes: strawberry halves, lime slices, lime zest
Strawberry Sauce (recipe follows)

Stir together first 3 ingredients, and firmly press on bottom and 1 inch
up sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan.

Bake at 350F for 8 minutes; cool.

Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy;
gradually add 1 1/4 cups sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a
time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream, rind, and
juice. Pour batter into crust.

Bake at 325F for 1 hour and 5 minutes; turn oven off. Partially open
oven door; let stand in oven 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and
immediately run a knife around edge of pan, releasing sides.

Cool completely in pan on a wire rack; cover and chill 8 hours. Garnish,
if desired, and serve with Strawberry Sauce. Makes 12 servings.

(nutritional info not available)

Strawberry Sauce

1 1/4 cups fresh strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind

Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to
scrape down sides. Makes 1 cup.
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

Dessert du Jour is made possible only by donations from subscribers like
you. If you enjoy receiving DDJ, please support us by sending a check
payable to "Richard Rowand" for any amount to: Richard Rowand, PO Box
3385, Leesburg, VA 20177. Or use PAYPAL ( http://www.paypal.com ) and
donate (via your account or their secure credit card site) directly thru
Rich's email address ( ri-@recipedujour.com ). Thank you.
_______________________________________

If you mysteriously stop receiving Dessert du Jour, remember to visit
our website http://www.recipedujour.com because your ISP provider may be
blocking our ezines thinking they are (heaven forbid!) junk mail.
And check our archives at www.topica.com/lists/dessert/read to see the
latest issue.
_______________________________________

Good Neighbor Desserts appears every Friday. To submit your recipe to
Dessert du Jour’s Good Neighbor Desserts, simply send it via email to
ri-@recipedujour.com   Use “GND” and the title of your recipe as the
everything we receive. By submitting to Good Neighbor Desserts, you give
be able to use your recipe!

Dessert du Jour is a proud member of the Recipe du Jour family.
To subscribe to Recipe du Jour, daily recipes, columns, and nostalgia,

Nutritional analysis is intended as a guide only.

To unsubscribe from Dessert du Jour, address a blank email to
dessert-un-@topica.com

The simplest way to change your subscription address is to unsub from
your old address and resubscribe from your new address.

.