Welcome Guest!
 DESSERT DU JOUR
DDJ-- Chocolate Chip Apricot Bars, 04-02-12  DDJ
 Apr 02, 2012 20:22 PDT

_______________________________________

Dessert du Jour      04-02-12
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1533-0966

Encourage your friends and family to subscribe!
_______________________________________

Chocolate Chip Apricot Bars

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped dried apricots

Heat oven to 350F. Lightly coat a 9-inch square baking pan with
vegetable cooking spray. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and
light brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and
vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
and blend until smooth. With a spoon, stir in the oats, chocolate chips,
and apricots. Press the batter into the pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes or
until the top is golden and the pastry begins to pull away from the
sides of the pan. The center should be slightly soft. Cool on a wire
rack for 15 minutes. Cut into 18 bars when still warm, then let cool
completely before removing from the pan. Makes 18 bars.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calcium: 42mg
    Calories: 257
    Calories from fat: 0%
    Carbohydrate: 43g
    Cholesterol: 37mg
    Fat: 9g
    Fiber: 2g
    Iron: 2mg
    Protein: 4mg
    Saturated fat: 5g
    Sodium: 131mg
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

Dessert du Jour is made possible only by donations from subscribers like
you. If you enjoy receiving DDJ, please support us by sending a check
payable to "Richard Rowand" for any amount to: Richard Rowand, PO Box
3385, Leesburg, VA 20177. Or use PAYPAL ( http://www.paypal.com ) and
donate (via your account or their secure credit card site) directly thru
Rich's email address ( ri-@recipedujour.com ). Thank you.
_______________________________________

If you mysteriously stop receiving Dessert du Jour, remember to visit
our website http://www.recipedujour.com because your ISP provider may be
blocking our ezines thinking they are (heaven forbid!) junk mail.
And check our archives at www.topica.com/lists/dessert/read to see the
latest issue.
_______________________________________

Good Neighbor Desserts appears every Friday. To submit your recipe to
Dessert du Jour’s Good Neighbor Desserts, simply send it via email to
ri-@recipedujour.com   Use “GND” and the title of your recipe as the
everything we receive. By submitting to Good Neighbor Desserts, you give
be able to use your recipe!

Dessert du Jour is a proud member of the Recipe du Jour family.
To subscribe to Recipe du Jour, daily recipes, columns, and nostalgia,

Nutritional analysis is intended as a guide only.

To unsubscribe from Dessert du Jour, address a blank email to
dessert-un-@topica.com

The simplest way to change your subscription address is to unsub from
your old address and resubscribe from your new address.

.