Welcome Guest!
 DESSERT DU JOUR
DDJ-- Pineapple Coffee Cake, 04-05-12  DDJ
 Apr 05, 2012 20:51 PDT

_______________________________________

Dessert du Jour      04-05-12
US Library of Congress ISSN: 1533-0966

Encourage your friends and family to subscribe!
_______________________________________

Pineapple Coffee Cake with Toasted Pecans

Cooking spray
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350F.

Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray; line bottom with wax
paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray.

Drain pineapple in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon juice.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine
flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring with a
whisk. Combine granulated sugar, butter, vanilla, and egg in a large
bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add flour
mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and
ending with flour mixture. Stir in pineapple and pecans. Pour batter
into prepared pan.

Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan.
Carefully peel off wax paper. Combine powdered sugar and reserved 1
tablespoon juice, stirring with a whisk; drizzle over cake. Makes 12
servings.

Nutritional Information
Amount per serving
    Calories: 177
    Calories from fat: 27%
    Fat: 5.4g
    Saturated fat: 2.7g
    Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
    Protein: 2.4g
    Carbohydrate: 30.1g
    Fiber: 0.6g
    Cholesterol: 29mg
    Iron: 0.8mg
    Sodium: 138mg
    Calcium: 34mg
_______________________________________
_______________________________________

Dessert du Jour is made possible only by donations from subscribers like
you. If you enjoy receiving DDJ, please support us by sending a check
payable to "Richard Rowand" for any amount to: Richard Rowand, PO Box
3385, Leesburg, VA 20177. Or use PAYPAL ( http://www.paypal.com ) and
donate (via your account or their secure credit card site) directly thru
Rich's email address ( ri-@recipedujour.com ). Thank you.
_______________________________________

If you mysteriously stop receiving Dessert du Jour, remember to visit
our website http://www.recipedujour.com because your ISP provider may be
blocking our ezines thinking they are (heaven forbid!) junk mail.
And check our archives at www.topica.com/lists/dessert/read to see the
latest issue.
_______________________________________

Good Neighbor Desserts appears every Friday. To submit your recipe to
Dessert du Jour’s Good Neighbor Desserts, simply send it via email to
ri-@recipedujour.com   Use “GND” and the title of your recipe as the
everything we receive. By submitting to Good Neighbor Desserts, you give
be able to use your recipe!

Dessert du Jour is a proud member of the Recipe du Jour family.
To subscribe to Recipe du Jour, daily recipes, columns, and nostalgia,

Nutritional analysis is intended as a guide only.

To unsubscribe from Dessert du Jour, address a blank email to
dessert-un-@topica.com

The simplest way to change your subscription address is to unsub from
your old address and resubscribe from your new address.

.