Welcome Guest!
 Doyletics
Re: Welcome to the World-Wide Doyletics List  Bobby Matherne
 May 05, 2001 08:09 PDT
Anne Solomon wrote:

 I tried a memory trace on mustard greens but it was only in my head and didn't work very well; I don't want to like mustard greens.

Dear Anne,

Yes, it's hard to trace something you don't want to like. I didn't want to
like liver. I hated the stuff. Fried liver, YUCK! Pate' -- awful. Liver
sausage, no way, I'd starve first. Rice dressing with a single chicken
liver in a potful, I'd pass on. You're an adult so you never have to eat
something you don't like. I ate mustard greens so often as a kid that, even
though I didn't dislike them, I'd never fix them for myself.

But here's the deal. If this is the one food you REALLY don't like, buy
some mustard greens, cook them, then prepare to do a trace. Eat/smell the
greens and note the reactions in your face, jaw muscles, throat, breathing
rate, basically any kind of doyle that arises. Do the trace, and if at any
point the doyle goes away before you get down to five years old, re-smell
or eat a tiny bite, and continue the trace. As soon as the doyle goes away
under five, stop. Ask yourself the question, "What's a plausible thing that
could have happened to me at _____?" fill in the age of the lower time mark
at which the doyle went away, and pay exquisite attention to whatever
thought/image pops into your head. That will be the cognitive memory of how
you originally got the doyle stored.

At that point, you still won't HAVE to eat mustard greens ever! But some
doyle that may be present in multiple areas of your life will have been
EXTIRPATED! [good word to describe a doyle removal] Read the Golden Leaves
metaphor to help you to understand the salubrious effects that may derive
from the trace of a doyle of a food that you will never have to eat.

http://www.doyletics.com/goldenls.htm

Oh, for me, I traced the doyle that led to my dislike of both liver and
sauerkraut, and only later found out that I could eat the foods. It would
have been easier had I started with liver food dislike, but heck I didn't
WANT TO EAT LIVER! But I would have used liver to help me trace the doyle
if I had understood the benefits from the trace ahead of time.

Now, I can't predict what you will find. All you know right now is your
dislike of mustard greens was stored before five. Do the trace and you will
likely discover some personal history, some cognitive memory that will
replace the bodily or doylic memory that you know as your current reaction
to mustard greens, up until now.

Anne Solomon wrote:

My name is Anne Solomon, and I live in west Texas---30 miles due west of
Lubbock behind the Dirt Curtain, as it were. I have been here way too
long and am planning a break as soon as possible. My work is
alternately frustrating and rewarding since I work with "at risk"
college students who come to the community college here underprepared
for academic success. Most make it and some don't. I never like to
lose so frustration is always part of my job. Retirement is my next big

How would you like your frustration to be less unpleasant? What are the
doyles of your frustration? Check the tight muscles for a starter. Do your
mustard greens speed trace and confirm that afterward the doyles you
experienced are gone by taking a small bite and swallowing. [sometimes the
swallowing may trigger a new doyle to be traced] Once you have this bit of
confirmation, you're ready to trace your frustration the very next time it
surfaces, which, from what you say, I gather will be the very next day of
work. As soon as little Miss Frustration leaves your office, close door for
a couple of minutes and do a trace. "I'm X, and I'm experiencing this
doyle." etc. sometime before five the doyles will go away. Then bring in
Mr. Frustration, Jr. and check how you feel when he removes his sorry butt
from your office.

Here's my philosophy of life in a nutshell: we continue to keep people
around us do cause us to feel "X" until we do a doyle trace on "X".

I continued to dislike macaroni and cheese till I was about 29 and
discovered that I liked cheese and I liked macaroni and kept thinking why I
should dislike them together given those facts. I'd think back to all the
times I was forced to eat macaroni and cheese and how frustrating it was on
those nights when I went to bed hungry because there was nothing else for
me to eat. During one of those thinking backs, I undoubtedly did an
unconscious doyle trace. Took me about 25 years to do that unconsciously.
Now I can do such a trace in under a minute, and it works every time.

Do you want to work around frustrating people for 25 or even 5 more years,
much less five more days? If you remove the doyles of frustration, you will
enjoy your work a little more, but more importantly a new job without the
frustrating people will arise!

That's my philosophy of life in a nutshell.

How long do you want to take to do your doyle trace of frustration? Do you
want to wait till you do it unconsciously like I did with macaroni and
cheese, or do you want to do it in a couple of days?

Since the responses you will get from removing the frustration doyles may
not be as dramatic or as immediately confirmable as the mustard greens
ones, do the greens first. That's your convincer that this is all worth
while.

Doing the trace only in your head won't work for mustard greens. How much
could it cost to buy and cook a small amount of mustard greens? Think of it
as a science project, if that helps. Decide ahead of time to throw the
greens away afterward you successfully complete the trace. Just because you
will be able to eat them, you don't have to. You've probably ingested many
kinds of medicine that tasted worse than the greens taste to you.

Use a mirror when you start cooking the greens. Watch your face in the
mirror as you smell or taste the greens. You'll be able to see the muscle
groups moving. The grimace of mustard greens, etc.

Please feel free to write me if you have any more questions. I'd like to
publish this to the List, but won't do so unless you give me permission.
The whole issue you raise of "I don't want to like mustard greens" is an
important one for others to read about.

thanks for sharing and I look forward to your progress reports,

most cordially,

Bobby

 goal and my greatest challenge is staying here for a couple more
years---my impulse is to chuck it all and just head out. I tried a
memory trace on mustard greens but it was only in my head and didn't
work very well; I don't want to like mustard greens.

P. S.

You also wrote:
 I think until now I have assumed that frustration is part of life and not something to be gotten rid of. It is, of course, a strong motivator for change in terms of sending me in different directions to solve problems. Doesn't that make frustration a positive force? I fear loss of motivation without that little burr under my blanket.

You said a mouthful there! I had a friend who was afraid of tracing away
grief or sadness because it might "reduce the quality of joy" in his life.
He was serious about this, but he was on the other side of the fence of
doing a doyle trace and talking hypothetically.

I might call that phenomenon the "grass is browner on the other side"
syndrome. :)

On this side of the fence, among those who have done doyle traces for 4 to
40 years (Doyle, himself), I find NO ONE who has complained about some
quality lacking in their life after doing a doyle trace. Not that it won't
happen -- people will find a way to claim that to be so, just you wait --
like the lady with the elevator phobia -- they'll say it didn't work
because they'll expect something that won't happen, so they'll assume the
trace didn't work.

Suppose your frustration doyles turn out to be stopper doyles? What you'll
find on the other side of the tracing fence is that you'll have more energy
to do the things you want to do and you'll probably won't attribute it to
the tracing you did at all.

Read about Amanda at http://www.doyletics.com/confirm.htm

Here's a clip from it:

[[Yesterday I had lunch with my friend Amanda who has done several doyle
traces. I asked her for any confirmatory experiences, and didn't get much.
Fifteen minutes later, however, she reported this reaction to her
importunate mother-in-law's statement, "Amanda, you are being selfish.":

"Yes, Carol, I am selfish! That's exactly what I am and very necessary for
me to focus on holding two jobs and raising four kids."

She was exultant when she told me, like it was something inside her that
she had wanted to get out for a long time.]]

Without someone to notice how a person's life has changed, it's darned
difficult from the inside to tell that a change has happened. I know Amanda
well, her real name is Maureen, a member of this List, and she's my first
daughter.

If you want to know, really know, the effects of subtle traces like
"frustration", you'll need to get a friend who knows you intimately to go
the other side of the fence with you, so you can each become mirrors to
each other.

Like Alice who went through the Looking Glass, your life will change in
interesting ways.

As for the fear of loss of a motivating strategy, here's my take on it: we
all have layers and layers of effective motivation strategies. If we have
some favorite motivation strategy that creates negative feelings (ones we
don't want), then tracing those away will lead to a much more pleasant life
because the positive motivating strategies will get to test their muscles
and take over for the weak, but bossy ones that have held sway in order to
keep their charge of holding in the body those memories for you until
you're ready to move them into your head.

--
Bobby Matherne Quotes: http://doyletics.com/quotes.htm