Re: Further Answer to Len Bleier's Question  Bobby Matherne
 Jun 20, 2001 05:45 PDT
Dear Len,

The basic hypothesis of doyletics is this:

Hypothesis 3: Memory Transition Age - At the age of five, humans
    switch from using doylic memory to using conceptual memory.

This transition age was discovered by Doyle Henderson many years ago -- I
merely formulated it officially into a hypothesis. You can read the other
hypotheses at: http://www.doyletics.com/doyletic.htm

If one does hypnosis, either officially using a hypnotist, or unofficially
in a speed trace, and does NOT go back before the MTA of five years old,
what one has done is plucked a leaf off the tree of doyles. [See Golden
Leaf tree metaphor at: http://www.doyletics.com/goldenls.htm )    In other
words, one has removed one of the contexts in which the doyle fires off.
Since the individual contexts are hard to identify, sooner or later a
similar situation (but with slightly different trigger stimuli) comes up
and POW! the old doyle fires off again, never having been "erased" or more
correctly, converted into cognitive memory.

You see, one has cognitive memory after five years old, but not before. If
one terminates a trace or hypnosis session with the retrieval of a
cognitive memory after five, the doyle associated with the memory is
disconnected from that ONE memory event, but still latent and powerful.

To be a successful trace, the doyle must be held as the
time marks go below five. Lacking either of those two requirements, HOLD
and MARK, the doyle will return someday, as it was never traced and

As Alan pointed out in his earlier post, his 'considering the concept of
doyles', i.e., his application of Hypothesis 3 by itself, made his hypnosis
work more effective right away. (I hope this is a fair statement of Alan's
work, but if not, he'll correct me, I'm sure.)

most cordially,

Len Bleier wrote:
The World-Wide Doyletics List is Devoted to
Dialogue Among Doyletics Users and Principals

Understood and appreciated info but why does the
hypnosis temporarily eliminate the negative effects of
the Doyle, I know it does because I have experienced
it. Lenny
--- Alan James Spencer <ajsp-@broad.net.au> wrote:
 The World-Wide Doyletics List is Devoted to
Dialogue Among Doyletics Users and Principals
Hi all,

In attempting to satiate Len's thirst for knowledge,
let me explain that it
is the case that Doyles are not temporarily anything
and also they are not
eliminated they are converted to conceptual memory.
Nothing gets
eliminated, rather converted. This is something I
had a little difficulty

When a Doyle is traced, SUCCESSFULLY, the Doyle is
converted, when the Doyle
is not successfully traced the offending Doyle will
continue to be active.
What may give the illusion of a temporary conversion
is when a combined
Doyle has been traced instead of the original
offending Doyle, and relief
has been obtained as a result of that. The client
difficulty arises again
as a result of the original Doyle doing what it does
and continues to do.

Hypnosis is sometimes successful just as many other
therapies, such as NLP,
and Regression therapies are sometimes successful.
Each and all other
models are destined to fail on ocassions because,
and purely because, the
teachers have not/will not, consider the concept of
Doyles. Students and
practitioners of Hypnosis haven't got a chance of
achieving reliable
results, and I may be in a position to know because
I have tried and been
trained in most of them, including Hypnosis.

Yours very sincerely,