Welcome Guest!
 Doyletics
Children Traces, No 4  Bobby Matherne
 Sep 07, 2008 06:31 PDT

Dear Friends on the World-Wide Doyletics List:

This is another update from Sam on doing speed traces with children.
I asked Sam exactly what the kids are saying when doing a speed trace.
His answer includes "submodalities", a bit of NLP jargon which means
which of the five senses or combination thereof does one specifically
experience associated with the doyle. Once identified, the kid can hold
onto that submodality during the trace. An effective utilization of an
NLP technique to help kids do traces. Adults might find it useful as
well.

[[Hi Bobby.

By now the kids can basically do it themselves, so either I just start
them off, or lead them a little.

Generally we use direct language (I am 6 years old and I am scared of
going to school), but sometimes I find they hold it better if I have
them hold the sub modalities.

First I ask for the color of the fear and its size and whether its soft
or hard. Then I use that like this: "I am 8 and have this white thing
in my head". Just did that tonight with my 8 year old who was
too scared to go to sleep after reading a book about a kidnapping.

Take care

Sam]]

--
Bobby Matherne