Welcome Guest!
 D.S MG List
Been awhile  Nick Robalik
 Feb 20, 2001 12:53 PST
I know it's been awhile everyone - but thanks for your patience! The
Bad news is that we've switched engines - and the GOOD news is we've
switched engines! It's taking some time to get everything converted
over, but what it means is higher resolution support, more special
effects, and the BIGGEST change is the move to realtime 3D characters.
Besides allowing a wider range of camera angles, using realtime 3D
characters will allow us to use animation blending to make sure the
characters ALWAYS move smoothly. If a characters walking, he can talk
(syncing perfectly to audio) at the same time, and all we need to do is
a simple walk cycle and the letter phenomes - the engine will do the
rest!

We've also been talking to publishers - a few look VERY promising,
expect more on this very soon.

Until then,
- Nick Robalik
http://www.digital-soapbox.com