Welcome Guest!
 e-drum
INFO: washington, dc--community forum and healing session featuring sobonfu some  KAL-@aol.com
 May 15, 2007 05:56 PDT

 INFO: washington, dc--community forum and
healing session featuring sobonfu some

 A Community Forum and Healing – Session
(Libations, African Dancing and Drumming and Poetry)
with
Sobonfu Somé
(Healer, Teacher, Speaker and Author)
Thursday, May 17th – 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
 Plymouth Congregational United Church of Christ
5301 North Capitol Street N.E. Washington, D.C.
Love Offering Expected and Appreciated
 “Community is the spirit, the guiding light of the tribe, whereby people
come together in order to fulfill a specific purpose, to help others fulfill
their purpose, and to take care of one another. The goal of the community is to
make sure that each member of the community is heard and is properly giving the
gifts she/he has brought to this world. Without this giving, the community
dies. And without the community, the individual is left without a place where
she/he can contribute. The community is that grounding place where people come
and share their gifts and receive from others.” The Spirit of Intimacy: Ancient
African Teachings in the Ways of Relationships
“When we fall out of grace in our community, there is a temptation to
withdraw and blame others, or to punish ourselves. I think that at some point we
must put blaming and guilt aside and accept that we are being initiated into
something new. Let us give gratitude for all that happens to us – especially for
the hard things, for they are messengers of wisdom. Then we can loosen our grip
on old ways and let our lives change. We need to let go even of those people
and ways and things that we want dearly – in order for them to find their own
way back to us, or for something better and more true to take their place.”
Falling Out of Grace: Meditations on Loss, Healing, and Wisdom
This is an opportunity for you to ask your questions, share your concerns
and celebrate the past, present and future. Metro: Fort Totten – Red and Green
Line
  (Busses E2, 3, 4, 60, 62, 64, K6) and lots of free parking on the church
lot.
Visit Sisterspace on the web at www.sisterspacedc.com or
sistersp-@yahoo.com
Contact: Faye Williams-202-829-9612