Welcome Guest!
 east-timor
As Obama Visits Indonesia, Secret Files Show Kopassus, Targets
Papuan Churches
 ETAN
 Nov 09, 2010 16:15 PST

see Allan Nairn's original article with embedded
Kopassus document -
<http://www.allannairn.com/2010/11/breaking-news-secret-files-show.html>http://www.allannairn.com/2010/11/breaking-news-secret-files-show.html

Watch, link to Democracy Now! interview with
Allan Nairn, ETAN National Coordinator John M Miller (www.etan.org)

As Obama Arrives in Jakarta, Secret Docs Show
U.S.-Backed Indonesian Special Forces Unit Targets Papuan Churches, Civilians”

INTERVIEW SUMMARY:

President Obama arrived in Indonesia today on the
second stop of a 10-day trip to Asia. It’s
Obama’s first state visit to Indonesia after
having lived there for four years as a child.
Democracy Now! speaks with Jakarta-based
investigative journalist and activist Allan
Nairn, who has just released secret documents
from Kopassus­the feared Indonesian special
forces­which has been responsible for human
rights abuses since the 1950s. Earlier this year,
the Obama administration lifted a 12-year ban on
funding the training of Kopassus. While Obama
talks about human rights, the documents indicate
that Kopassus targets churches and civilians and
includes a Kopassus enemies list topped by a
local Baptist minister in West Papua. We also
speak with John Miller, the National Coordinator
of East Timor and Indonesia Action Network.

INTERVIEW LINK:

<http://www.democracynow.org/2010/11/9/as_obama_arrives_in_jakarta_secret>http://www.democracynow.org/2010/11/9/as_obama_arrives_in_jakarta_secret

DEMOCRACY NOW VIDEO EMBED:

<script type="text/javascript"
src=<http://www.democracynow.org/embed_show_v2/300/2010/11/9/story/as_obama_arrives_in_jakarta_secret>"http://www.democracynow.org/embed_show_v2/300/2010/11/9/story/as_obama_arrives_in_jakarta_secret"></script>

FACEBOOK:

<http://www.facebook.com/democracynow>http://www.facebook.com/democracynow

We posted the segment on our Facebook page so you
can let people know about the interview that way.

etanetanetanetanetanetanetanetanetanetanetanetan

Support ETAN make a contribution here http://etan.org/etan/donate.htm
Thank you for your support.

John M. Miller, National Coordinator
East Timor & Indonesia Action Network (ETAN)
PO Box 21873, Brooklyn, NY 11202-1873 USA
Phone: +1-718-596-7668 Mobile phone: +1-917-690-4391
Email jo-@etan.org Skype: john.m.miller
http://www.etan.org

Twitter: http://twitter.com/etan009
Blog: http://etanaction.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://apps.facebook.com/causes/134122?recruiter_id=10193810

Send a blank e-mail message to in-@etan.org to
find out how to learn more about East Timor and Indonesia on the Internet

etanetanetanetanetanetanetanetanetanetanetanetan