Welcome Guest!
 explore
Robert Stanek October 2005 Post  Thomas Green
 Nov 01, 2005 19:44 PST

Dear Readers,

Huge thank you to the dedicated fans who continue to read my books and
tell others about them. Back in early September, I promised fans big
news for October and a few answers too.

Ruin Mist and Magic Lands movies seem to be the news everyone wanted.
Unfortunately, I canít deliver anything new. DreamWorks and others did
express interest in 2002. Valhalla Motion Pictures and others did
express interest in 2004. Nothing else to report.

Translation and rights news continues to be good. Currently, my
publisher is in discussions with publishers in Brazil, Germany, Spain,
France, Portugal, China, Taiwan, Japan, UK, Canada, Australia, New
Zealand, Mexico, and elsewhere. Translations of the books are underway
in Spanish, Turkish, Vietnamese, Korean, Russian, and several other
languages. Scholastic is considering publishing paperback editions.

My publisher has created several new destination sites featuring the
books, including http://www.themagiclands.com and
http://www.reagentpress.com in addition to http://www.robertstanek.com
and http://www.ruinmist.com.

For those wondering about Grammy and Audie news: no Grammy, no
nomination. The Blue Ribbon award as I understand it is for ďAudiobook
that has made the biggest impact on audio publishing for the year.Ē

Iíve completed work on Battle for Ruin Mist: The Roleplaying Game.
Details can be found at http://www.reagentpress.com/roleplay.htm.

The secrets of the praise that appears at the beginning of the Ruin Mist
books? These quotes are from editors at major publishers who read and
liked my books but ultimately decided not to publish them, including
Susan Allison, Betsy Mitchell, and Carolyn Reidy. As far as fiction
agents that I have worked with, they include Richard Curtis and Al
Zuckerman.

Thank you for reading and believing. God bless and take care,

Robert Stanek