Welcome Guest!
 Family Life
Food, Glorious Food (for Thought)  Jenny Baker
 Oct 10, 2000 17:28 PDT
========================
Family Life Newsletter
========================

by Jenny Baker (jen-@get.topica.com)

Yesterday, I gave you quite a list of recommended reading. As books go,
you should be taken care of for some time to come. But what about the
kids? What books comprise recommended reading for them?

For today, I've found a site that nicely takes care of that question.
Homearts.com has a feature entitled "Books Every Child Should Read,"
that is full of great ideas. To compile the best suggestions, they went
out and consulted some folks who are literary luminaries in their own
right. These recommendations come from the likes of Judy Blume, Anna
Quindlen, Maya Angelou, Maurice Sendak, and Captain Kangaroo. Okay,
okay, I grant that Captain Kangaroo may not exactly qualify as a
literary luminary. Nevertheless, I imagine you can see why he is
uniquely qualified to make some recs on worthy reads for kids.

As the Homearts feature rightly points out, "Books are the food of
youth," wrote Cicero. And this article is a diet rich in food for
thought. Check it out here:
http://homearts.com/depts/relat/bookintr.htm

Related Info at Topica

Women & Family Channel
http://www.topica.com/channels/women/

TipWorld Children's Literature Tip of the Day
list info: http://www.topica.com/lists/tipworld-childlit/
subscribe: mailto:tipworld-child-@topica.com