Welcome Guest!
 Family Life
Click-Based Activism  Jenny Baker
 Oct 24, 2000 17:28 PDT
========================
Family Life Newsletter
========================

by Jenny Baker (jen-@get.topica.com)

Let's play one of those psychiatrist office games today. I say "National
Football League." What's the first thing that comes to mind? Would you
say "Pigskin!" maybe? Perhaps you'd reply "bunches of big burly men
running around madly"? For non-fans: "The ruination of Sunday afternoon
TV"? Or maybe you'd just say, "Why is she bringing up football, of all
things, on a Family Life list?!"

Of all the possible responses (both positive and negative) that a
mention of the NFL might invoke, breast cancer awareness probably isn't
tops among them. And yet breast cancer awareness is precisely the reason
I'm bringing up the NFL today. Here's why. I have received a couple of
emails this morning claiming that for every person who visits the NFL's
web site today, the league will donate $5 to the Susan G. Komen Breast
Cancer Foundation (up to a maximum of $50,000). Aha, now you begin to
see why it might be relevant to the Family Life list!

As you know, breast cancer can happen to anyone. And since we all have
mothers, and sisters, and daughters, and friends (not to mention that
many of us are women ourselves), why not click on over to do some good
for a cause that helps us all? It's as simple as this:

Go to http://www.nfl.com/nflforher/

Voila! It's that simple! You've done a good deed today!

Related Info at Topica

Women & Family Channel
http://www.topica.com/channels/women/

Breast Cancer