Welcome Guest!
 Family Life
Safe and Sound  Jenny Baker
 Oct 31, 2000 15:43 PST
========================
Family Life Newsletter
========================

by Jenny Baker (jen-@get.topica.com)

Happy Halloween! The big day is finally here, and far be it from me to
miss my final opportunity to write about it for a whole year. Today,
we'll look at a Halloween topic close to every parent's heart: safety.
While the only thought on kids' minds today is getting their hands on as
much sugary loot as their little hands can carry, parents have other
weightier concerns to consider.

Of course, you want to let the kids go out tonight and have a great time
trick or treating. But above all, you want to make sure they come home
safe and sound. To help ensure that happens, check out the Halloween
safety guidelines over at the Children's Safety Zone homepage. There are
basic safety tips here not only for trick-or-treaters, but also for
their parents and homeowners as well. The tips are all very
common-sensical, really, but it never hurts to be reminded even of the
most obvious considerations when they relate to the safety of your own
beloved trick-or-treaters.

Caution and common sense are the words of the day. Keep them in mind,
and hopefully the worst Halloween complication you'll have to deal with
is a tummy ache or two from excessive candy consumption.

Safety Zone here: http://www.sosnet.com/safety/halloween.tip.html

Related Info at Topica

Women & Family Channel
http://www.topica.com/channels/women/