Welcome Guest!
 Family Life
Gobbledy-Goods  Brett Mendel
 Nov 17, 2000 17:33 PST

========================
Family Life Newsletter
========================

by Jenny Baker (jen-@get.topica.com)

I'm about to go out on a limb here. Just as a wild guess, I'd bet that
many of you on this list are the ones who will soon be responsible for
fashioning this Thursday's fabulous Thanksgiving feast. Yes? I thought
so. A big responsibility indeed, and perhaps one with which I can offer
a little help.

I know, you're hoping I'll offer to come over and do the cleanup, but
sorry, I'm not quite *that* helpful. Instead, let me direct you a few
web sites with great ideas on making this Thanksgiving the best holiday
feast it can possibly be.

Let's start at the FoodTV Network's web site, where in addition to a
host of holiday recipes, they're offering plenty of tips and tricks to
make sure your T-giving turkey is done to perfection. Or, in their
words, to see to it that "your turkey (not your goose) is cooked."

Their Turkey Guide is here:
http://www.foodtv.com/holidays/thanksgivingturkeyguide/0,1952,,00.html

The rest of their Thanksgiving food info is here:
http://www.foodtv.com/holidays/ho-g1/0,1948,,00.html

For even more Thanksgiving recipes, check out the Reader's Digest web
site. They've got you covered on everything from that first drink, to
side and main dishes, all the way up to dessert. Best of all, they even
have a section on what to do with all those leftovers you're bound to be
faced with come next Friday. Look here:

http://www.readersdigest.com/features/thanksgiving/classicrecipes.html

Another site that covers all the bases is Better Homes & Gardens, with
nine complete menus you can check out, along with Turkey Tips, how-to
vids, party planning advice, and of course, tons of recipes. That's
here:

http://www.bhg.com/default.sph/bhg.class?FNC=topic__Atopic_list_html___14___22

Not surprisingly, AllRecipes.com is talking a thing or two about
Thanksgiving turkeys, and other seasonal dishes as well. Pay them a
visit, especially if you're into "the Jiggling Joy of Gelatin Salads"
(their words, not mine!).

http://thanksgivingrecipe.com/hints/home.asp

Hopefully, these sites offer enough recipes and ideas to ensure your
Thanksgiving dinner is hailed as a smashing success! For my part, let me
wish you a happy holiday now, and remind you that we'll have next Friday
off (I figure you'll still be too full of leftovers to bother dragging
yourself in front of the computer that day anyway!). Happy Thanksgiving!

Related Info at Topica

Women & Family Channel
http://www.topica.com/channels/women/