Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 May 02, 2008 14:29 PDT

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday May 2nd, 2008 reprinted from 2002
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes! A Bubba favorite!
Applesauce Meatloaf
Barbecue Meatloaf
Slow Cooker Meatloaf
Bubba's Easy Meatloaf
Southern Word of the Week..and you might be a Redneck..
More Humor
Trivia Bytes
News From Possum Waller
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Applesauce Meatloaf

1 1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup applesauce
1 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Place
the meatloaf mixture in the prepared pan. Bake for 1 1/2
to 2 hours. Let cool 10 minutes; remove to a platter and
slice. Serves 6 to 8.
Barbecue Meatloaf

2 to 2 1/2 pounds ground chuck
1 can tomato soup, divided
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
2 tablespoons dried minced onions
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Combine ground chuck with half of the tomato soup, egg,
crackers, honey, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, onions,
salt, and pepper. Mix well and form into a ball. Place a
crinkled length of aluminum foil in the slow cooker/Crock
Pot so the ends extend an inch or so out of the pot. Place
the meatloaf in the pot (the foil will make it easier to
lift the meatloaf out and keep it out of the drippings).
Combine remaining soup, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce,
the water, mustard, and brown sugar. Whisk together and
pour over the meat loaf. Cover and cook on low for 8 to
10 hours. Serves 4 to 6.
Slow Cooker Meatloaf

2 pounds of lean hamburger
2 eggs
2 slices bread, in small cubes
Milk
Ketchup
Salt and pepper
1 small onion, chopped
Directions:
Beat eggs - add bread cubes. Add enough milk to moisten all.
Add hamburger....squish all together with your hands. Season
to taste. Place in slow cooker/Crock Pot....shape to fit,
flatten. Pour catsup on top (enough to cover completely)
Crock on low all day 8 - 12 hours.
Notes: I've also used crushed crackers instead of bread,
and salsa instead of the ketchup. With only 1/2 lb. of
meat, you'll probably want to use just one egg.
Bubba's Easy Meatloaf

1 pound ground beef
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 medium green pepper, chopped finely
1 teaspoon salt
dash of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon celery powder/salt
1 tablespoon crushed dried onion flakes
1/2 teaspoon caraway seed, optional
1 egg, beaten, optional
Thoroughly combine all ingredients. Shape into round loaf.
Place accessory meat rack in slow cooker/Crock Pot. Place
meat loaf on rack. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
This recipe can be doubled to fit a large 6 qt.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Send us your recipe or kitchen tip:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Its Good to be the Woman
We can talk to people of the opposite sex without having
to picture them naked.
Cat Quotes
"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to
pull a sled through snow."
-- Jeff Valdez
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:

Baking

To prevent cake filling from soaking into the cake, sprinkle
layers lightly with confectioners' sugar before spreading filling.

Cake will be less like to stick to the pan if you put it on
a wet towel to cool as soon as you take it from the oven.

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like
to share with fellow readers, please jot them down and and
email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
C&W Horror Movies
All My Axes are in My Exes
News from Possum Waller

Well I know y'all missed my usual blubbering about Possum
Waller last week. It seems that Supperman decided to take
off on his bike and ride tto see his Momma for Mothers Day.
Well ... hee isn't known for beng able to go any where in a
straight line ... so he wandered off a bit on the way and
ended up a bit far from home ... never did make it to his
Momma's house ... I finally took pitty and drove over to
fetch him home, not a bad trip but took a bit longer than I
expected 'cause Supperman wanted to visit all the places
he had ate at on the way to where he got stuck ... so it was,
well, interesting to say the least, had some good food for
sure, even had some Thai food, not sure what it was but real
good ... so Supperman is back home, sleeping off his binge,
and I am sure he will be around soon.

              "Y'all have fun now, ya heah"
Trivia Bytes

Tatum O'Neal is the youngest person ever to win an Oscar
(age 10), however the youngest ever nominated was Justin
Henry, at age 8, for his Supporting Actor role in Kramer
vs. Kramer (1979).

Walt Disney holds the record for having the most Academy
Award nominations with 64. The most nominated living person
is John Williams with 38 nominations. Disney won a total of 32

According to Susan Sarandon, the Best Actress in a Leading
Role Oscar she won for her 1995 role in "Dead Man Walking"
is proudly displayed in her guest bathroom.
Southern Word Of The Week!
HOLT (verb) Past tense of the infinitive "to hold."
Usage: "Bubba, grab a holt of the pickup and hang on!"
...........Holt on Bubba!?.........
Thanks to Patrick Crispin at Tourbus ... a neat newsletter
for Web Junkies. Jump on the bus at:
     http://www.tourbus.com/
Couldn't resist ... so here ya go..ya might be a redneck if..
...You can tell your age by the number of rings in the bathtub.
...................naw cleaned it onec't?!......
Actual logged maintenance complaints and problems
P = The problem logged by the pilot.
S = The solution and action taken by the engineers.
P: Suspected crack in windscreen.
S: Suspect you're right.
A little more humor ...

Blonde Jokes:
Q: Did you hear about the blond skydiver?
A: She missed the Earth!

Some New Words
algebrassierism -- the compulsion to spend time in math class
spelling "BOOBIES" on an upside-down calculator

Least Popular Street Names
TurnOffTheDamnedCellPhoneAnd Dr.

The Biggest Lies
Don't worry, it's OK -- I'm sterile...

Little Known Illnesses
OREOPOROSIS
Disorder caused by too many cookies, not enough
milk.

(New) Rules to Live By
"Time" magazine is not suitable to wear on your
wrist. Get a watch.

Life comments
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?   I'm halfway
through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my Goodness . . . I could be
eating a slow learner."
* Lynda Montgomery

Missouri Tourism Bulletin: This list of rules will be handed to each
person as they enter the state.
Attention Visitors:
Go ahead and bring your $600 Orvis Fly Rod. Don't cry to
us if a flathead breaks it off at the handle. We have a
name for that little 13-inch trout you fish for...bait.

You Know You have Been Drinking Too Much Coffee When:
You get a speeding ticket even when you're parked.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
Mark Twain said, "The holy passion of Friendship is of so
sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will
last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money."
- Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar(1894)

................Y'all have fun now ya heah!.................