Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 May 22, 2008 06:39 PDT

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday May 22nd, 2008
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes! A Bubba favorite!
Applesauce Meatloaf
Barbecue Meatloaf
Slow Cooker Meatloaf
Bubba's Easy Meatloaf
More Humor
News From Possum Waller
And More Bad Jokes
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Applesauce Meatloaf

1 1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
1/2 cup finely diced onion
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup applesauce
1 cup bread crumbs
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Place
the meatloaf mixture in the prepared pan. Bake for 1 1/2
to 2 hours. Let cool 10 minutes; remove to a platter and
slice. Serves 6 to 8.
Barbecue Meatloaf

2 to 2 1/2 pounds ground chuck
1 can tomato soup, divided
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
2 tablespoons dried minced onions
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Combine ground chuck with half of the tomato soup, egg,
crackers, honey, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, onions,
salt, and pepper. Mix well and form into a ball. Place a
crinkled length of aluminum foil in the slow cooker/Crock
Pot so the ends extend an inch or so out of the pot. Place
the meatloaf in the pot (the foil will make it easier to
lift the meatloaf out and keep it out of the drippings).
Combine remaining soup, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce,
the water, mustard, and brown sugar. Whisk together and
pour over the meat loaf. Cover and cook on low for 8 to
10 hours. Serves 4 to 6.
Slow Cooker Meatloaf

2 pounds of lean hamburger
2 eggs
2 slices bread, in small cubes
Milk
Ketchup
Salt and pepper
1 small onion, chopped
Directions:
Beat eggs - add bread cubes. Add enough milk to moisten all.
Add hamburger....squish all together with your hands. Season
to taste. Place in slow cooker/Crock Pot....shape to fit,
flatten. Pour catsup on top (enough to cover completely)
Crock on low all day 8 - 12 hours.
Notes: I've also used crushed crackers instead of bread,
and salsa instead of the ketchup. With only 1/2 lb. of
meat, you'll probably want to use just one egg.
Bubba's Easy Meatloaf

1 pound ground beef
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 medium green pepper, chopped finely
1 teaspoon salt
dash of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon celery powder/salt
1 tablespoon crushed dried onion flakes
1/2 teaspoon caraway seed, optional
1 egg, beaten, optional
Thoroughly combine all ingredients. Shape into round loaf.
Place accessory meat rack in slow cooker/Crock Pot. Place
meat loaf on rack. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
This recipe can be doubled to fit a large 6 qt.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Womens Revenge
What's a man's idea of foreplay?
A half hour of begging.
Dogs are Better than Men"
Dogs think you are a culinary genius.
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:
Cleaning Tips

Getting Grease Build-Up Off of a Tiled Kitchen Floor

Stuck on grease is usually a sticky goo-ish type substance that is best
dealt
with by using a soapy kind of cleanser- namely a degreaser along the
lines
of 409 Cleanr and a heavy duty nylon scrubbing pad.

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like to share with
fellow readers, please jot them down and email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Standard issue chicken jokes.
Q. What Is The Difference Between President Hoover And President
Clinton?
A. One Promised A Chicken In Every Pot And The Other Was An
Unpromising Chicken Who Smoked Pot.
News from Possum Waller

Ever since the new Indie movie was announced Supperman has given up
his cape and started riding around on his bike wearing a beat up old
fedora
and leather coat. Well thats not to bad but he found an old whip and
he's
been scaring the kids and dogs with it. He happened to show up at the
Possum Waller General Store about the same time Buffy did...well he
decided to jump off his bike and yell while popping his whip...well he
scared Buffy so bad she backed her new Beemer into the the Bread Sign
in front of the store(again) of course she had to scream and then cry
for
a bit, we just gather round and watch the show.

             "y'all have fun now ya heah"
Ways Professors Grade Their Exams
DEPT OF PSYCHOLOGY:
Students are asked to blot ink in their exam books, close them and turn

them in. The professor opens the books and assigns the first grade that
comes to mind.
Take my wife...please
I've been married for 49 years. (or it seems like 49 years....) Where
have
I failed?
A little more humor ...

You know your middle aged when...
For the first time you have to deal with nose hair.

Funny English Signs
NOTICE IN A DRY CLEANER'S WINDOW: Anyone leaving their
garments here for more than 30 days will be disposed of.

Ponderings
Do you need a silencer if you are going to shoot a mime?

The Cat To English Dictionary
mrowwwww - (only heard in males) I am now recalling, with sorrow, that
some of my private parts did not return with me from that visit to the
vet.

Oneliners
The ice cream truck in our neighborhood now plays rap music.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
Always do right - this will gratify some and astonish the rest. Mark
Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................