Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Jun 05, 2008 18:55 PDT

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday June 5th, 2008
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes!
Shrimp Fritters
Shrimp Creole
Shrimp Newburg
Shrimp and Rice Salad
More Humor
News From Possum Waller
And More Bad Jokes
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Shrimp Fritters

3 tablespoons butter
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 green onions, finely chopped (include tops)
1 bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 small hot or mild chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 cups mashed potatoes
2 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
vegetable oil, for deep frying

Melt butter in skillet over medium heat; add the shrimp and
cook until pink (2 to 3 minutes depending on size). Remove
shrimp from skillet with a slotted spoon, cool slightly,
then chop. Set aside. Add the green onions, bell pepper and
chile pepper to the butter remaining in the skillet. Saute
over medium heat until vegetables are just softened, about
3 minutes. Add mixture to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
Stir in the chopped shrimp and beaten eggs. Season to taste
with salt and pepper. Stir in some of the bread crumbs, if
needed to make the dough stiff enough to form into balls.
Shape mixture into 2-inch balls. Put the bread crumbs in
a shallow bowl. Roll the shrimp/potato balls in the crumbs.
Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
Heat oil in a deep fryer or heavy pot to about 360 degrees.
Fry the balls 3 or 4 at a time for about 4 minutes, or until
browned and crispy on the outside. Remove balls to paper
towels; drain and serve immediately. Makes about 2 dozen
small fritters.
Shrimp Creole

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 dash cayenne pepper
1 pinch thyme leaves, crumbled
2 bay leaves
6 to 8 green onions, chopped
1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes, undrained
1 cup chopped celery
3 ounces tomato paste (about 6 tablespoons)
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
2 cloves garlic, chopped
hot, cooked rice
Heat oil in a heavy skillet; sauté onions, celery, bell pepper,
garlic, thyme, cayenne pepper and bay leaves for a few minutes,
or until vegetables are just tender. Add tomatoes and tomato
paste; simmer 15 minutes. Add peeled raw shrimp; simmer 10
minutes. Serve over hot rice. Serves 6 to 8.
Shrimp Newburg

1/4 cup butter
2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 dash nutmeg
2 cups half-and-half
3 tablespoons dry sherry
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
2 cups peeled and cooked shrimp (about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
in shell)
In a medium saucepan, melt butter; blend in flour and seasonings.
Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Gradually add half-and-half
and sherry; cook until thickened and smooth, stirring constantly.
Stir about 1/3 of the hot sauce into the egg yolks, then pour
the egg yolk-sauce mixture into the remaining sauce in the
saucepan. Add shrimp and heat through, stirring constantly.
Serve in pastry shells or over rice. Serves 4.
Shrimp and Rice Salad

1 1/2 cup cooked rice, cooled
1/2 to 1 pound shrimp, peeled, cooked, deveined, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup diced celery
3 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
1 cup fresh or frozen green peas, cooked until just tender
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
lettuce leaves and tomato slices
Combine shrimp, celery, onions, peas and red bell pepper.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and celery seed. Combine shrimp
mixture with rice; add mayonnaise and dill pickle juice and
gently mix. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve on lettuce
leaves and tomato slices. Serve as a luncheon dish or side
dish. Serves 4.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Womens Revenge
How can you tell if a man is sexually excited?
He's breathing.
Dogs are Better than Men"
Dogs are nice to your relatives.
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:
Cleaning Tips

Natural All-Purpose Homemade Cleaner
For an all-purpose non-polluting kitchen cleaning product, add two table
spoons baking soda to one quart of warm water. This mixture should clean

almost any surface safely and without any fumes. If some areas are more
difficult, simply use plain baking soda in place of a scouring powder,
it
works just as well, does not contain any chemicals, removes any odors
and is far more economical. This mixture can also be used when washing
the dishes, causing your plates to shine!

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like to share with
fellow readers, please jot them down and email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Standard issue chicken jokes.
Q. When Fruit Comes From A Fruit Tree, What Kind Of Tree Does
Chicken Come From?
A. A Poul-Tree.
News from Possum Waller

Stand Up for Veterans. They Stood Up for Us.

Week of May 26, 2008 Reprinted from Military.com
More than 300,000 of our military service personnel and veterans are
returning
from Iraq and Afghanistan with serious wounds and permanent
disabilities.
Yet the federal government is not providing sufficient, timely, and
predictable
funding to treat their visible and invisible wounds of war. Our veterans
stood
up for us. Now it's time we stand up for them. Visit
http://standup4vets.org/
to sign a petition urging Congress and the President to take action so
the
men and women who fought to defend our nation don't have to fight to get

the medical care they need and deserve.
Stand Up For Veterans is an initiative of the Disabled American
Veterans,
an organization of 1.3 million disabled veterans who are focused on
building
better lives for disabled veterans and their families. The initiative
seeks to
find public policy solutions for all veterans, particularly those
returning
from Iraq and Afghanistan, who have incurred devastating injuries and
disabilities, including traumatic brain injury, post-traumatic stress
disorder
and other psychological and physical wounds of war.

             "y'all have fun now ya heah"
Ways Professors Grade Their Exams
DEPT OF HISTORY:
All students get the same grade they got
last year.
Take my wife...please
I've been in love with the same woman for many years. If my wife ever
finds out, she'll kill me!
A little more humor ...

You know your middle aged when...
Corduroy is king.

Funny English Signs
IN A HEALTH FOOD SHOP WINDOW: Closed
due to illness.

Ponderings
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The Cat To English Dictionary
roww-maww-roww - I am so glad to see that you have returned home with
both arms full of groceries. I will now rub myself against your legs and

attempt to trip you as you walk towards the kitchen.

Oneliners
Hawaii is the only U.S. state to produce coffee.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
Few things are harder to put up with than a good example. Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................