Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Jun 19, 2008 05:21 PDT

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday June 19th, 2008
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes!
Creamy Garden Potato Salad
Warm Green Bean and Potato Salad
Picnic Potato & Egg Salad
Carnival Potato Salad
More Humor
News From Possum Waller
And More Bad Jokes
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Creamy Garden Potato Salad

1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed and cooked (3 to 4 cups)
3 hard-cooked eggs
2 to 3 tablespoons shredded carrot (about 1/2 carrot)
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen peas, thawed
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped green or yellow pepper
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped red onions
Dressing
1/4 c. heavy cream
1/2 to 3/4 c. mayonnaise
1 to 2 tsp sweet pickle relish or sweet pickles chopped
with a little juice
1 to 2 tsp Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
fresh dill and/or parsley, to taste
sliced tomato
Lettuce leaves
Combine first 8 ingredients. Add cream, 1/2 cup of mayonnaise,
relish, and mustard; toss gently to combine. Taste and add
more mayonnaise if desired. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir
in parsley and dill, if desired. Arrange lettuce and tomato
slices on platter and top with potato salad. 4 servings.
Warm Green Bean and Potato Salad

Add a little sugar if you like a sweet & sour flavor.
4 cups sliced potatoes
2 cups fresh trimmed green beans, cut in 1/2-inch lengths
4 to 6 slices bacon
1/2 cup minced red onion
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup vinegar (wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar are good)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
dash garlic powder
Peel potatoes, halve then slice in 1/4-inch thickness. Place
potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a
boil; cover and boil for 5 minutes; add green beans and more
water to cover, if necessary. Boil for about 10 more minutes.
Fry bacon and drain; set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon of
drippings. In a small bowl, whisk olive oil and bacon drippings
slowly into the vinegar; add salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Pour over vegetables. Crumble bacon over and toss gently.
Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve warm or room temperature.
Serves 4 to 6.
Picnic Potato & Egg Salad

This salad is delicious with just about anything grilled,
and always tastes best outdoors!
3 pounds potatoes, cooked until just tender, cubed, cooled
5 or 6 hard cooked eggs, cooled, coarsely chopped
1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped celery, optional
thinly sliced tomatoes and cucumber, for garnish, optional
Dressing:
3/4 cup mayonnaise (a little more or less, as desired)
1 to 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
salt and pepper to taste
Combine potatoes, egg, onions, and celery. Stir in mayonnaise,
mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. (Stir the mayonnaise
and mustard in a little at a time, until you have the flavor
and consistency you like.)
Top with thinly sliced tomatoes and cucumber, if desired.
Recipe from Serves 6 to 8.
Carnival Potato Salad

3 cups cooked potatoes, warm, cubed
1/4 cup chopped pimiento
1/4 cup sour pickle, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Combine potatoes, pimiento, pickle, and onion. Toss with
mayonnaise, salt, and paprika. Chill. Serves 4.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Womens Revenge
What's the difference between men an government bonds?
Bonds mature.
Dogs are Better than Men"
Dogs don't mind if you do all the driving.
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:
Cleaning Tips

Pots and Pans Stain Removal
Every now and then you come across a pot or a pan with a stain that
can't
be removed by routinely washing the dishes. These stains take a little
time
to remove. Stubborn stains can be removed from non-stick cookware by
boiling 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 1/2 cup vinegar, and 1 cup of
water
for ten minutes. Before using the pan again, season it with vegetable
oil.

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like to share with
fellow readers, please jot them down and email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Standard issue chicken jokes.
Q. Which Came First, The Chicken Or The Egg?
A. Neither, The Rooster.
News from Possum Waller One road leads to another it always seems.
I have noticed a large increase of Prius autos on the road., when I see
one
I think about a comedy skit that was on TV about how they actually run
on
“smug” fumes. I have noticed that the people driving them look to be
very
“socially conscious”. Course this thought made me wonder if we could
invent
a new fuel that runs on pompousness and sushi with a dose of really good

Bordeaux perhaps? It seems I get thrown in with some of these folks from

time to time and they get around to discussing the merits of sushi and
some
type of wine. Now I am no wimp, I have ate sushi on more than one
occasion,
but lets face it folks it is just bait for us southern folks. You can
dress it up
and make it pretty but it is still bait. It seems that there is just a
certain amount
of snobbery that go’s along with eating it, so of course it occurred to
be if
you can take some of the snot fumes and added some sushi you could maybe

gas up your car. Course thinking about it, probably would only work in a

Volvo or a Land Rover.

             "y'all have fun now ya heah"
Ways Professors Grade Their Exams
DEPT OF RELIGION:
Grade is determined by God.
Take my wife...please
My wife and I have the secret to making a marriage last. Two times a
week,
we go to a nice restaurant, a little wine, good food... She goes
Tuesdays,
I go Fridays.
A little more humor ...

You know your middle aged when...
Your computer has more memory than you do.

Funny English Signs
SPOTTED IN A SAFARI PARK: Elephants Please
Stay In Your Car

Ponderings
How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work in the mornings?

The Cat To English Dictionary
mmeww - I believe I have heard a burglar.
If you would like to go and beat him senseless,
I shall be happy to keep your spot in the bed
warm.

Oneliners
Money talks, but a credit card uses sign language.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
We consider that any man who can fiddle all through one of those
Virginia
Reels without losing his grip, may be depended upon in any kind of
musical emergency. Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................