Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Jun 26, 2008 07:49 PDT

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday June 26th, 2008
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes! Get ready for the 4th!
Custard-Style Macaroni and Cheese
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese
Skillet Macaroni & Cheese
More Humor
News From Possum Waller
And More Bad Jokes
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Custard-Style Macaroni and Cheese

2 quarts water
1 1/2 cups macaroni
2 teaspoons salt
The Custard
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 pinches ground red (cayenne) pepper
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) grated cheese
The Topping
1/4 cup (1 ounce) Parmesan cheese
5 saltine crackers (1/4 cup, crumbled)
Up to a day ahead, cook the macaroni in a large pot of salted
water as directed on the package. Cook until tender--do not
undercook. Rinse thoroughly in cold water and drain. Refrigerate
until ready to use.
Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease a 10x6x2-inch casserole dish.
Prepare the custard: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs,
milk, salt, paprika, and ground red pepper. In the casserole dish,
layer the cooked macaroni with the cheese, and pour the custard
over the top. Bake for 40 minutes, or until set in the center.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese and
crumbled crackers. Spread over the casserole, and broil to
brown. Serves 5.
Baked Macaroni and Cheese

1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup milk
1 cup light cream
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheese
salt
Preheat oven to 350F. Boil macaroni according to package
directions; drain and set aside. Meanwhile, melt butter in
a medium saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour, stirring
constantly. Gradually stir in milk and cream. Cook, stirring
constantly, until mixture boils and thickens, about 2 to 3
minutes. Remove from heat and add paprika, pepper, and 2
cups of the cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Gently
stir in macaroni and salt to taste. Place in a buttered
1-quart casserole dish. Garnish top with remaining 1/2 cup
of cheese and dot with additional butter. Bake 25 to 30
minutes. Serves 4 to 6.
Macaroni and Cheese

1/2 pound macaroni
1 cup cheese chips
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 cup buttered bread crumbs
Break and boil macaroni in salt water until tender, about
20 minutes. Blanch in cold water to prevent sticking. Cover
bottom of baking dish with layer of macaroni, a sprinkle of
cheese, bits of butter, salt and pepper. Continue until all
is used, having cheese on top.
Mix milk and egg together, pour over the dish, cover top with
crumbs, bake in moderate oven long enough to brown top and
cook egg and milk. Serve in same dish. A thin white sauce
is sometimes used instead of milk and egg. This dish, when
left over, makes nice croquettes. Serve with tomato sauce.
Skillet Macaroni & Cheese

1/2 cup butter
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1/4 cup minced onion
2 Tbsp. minced green pepper
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
Melt butter in medium skillet; add uncooked macaroni, onion,
green pepper, salt and dry mustard. Stir in 2 cups water and
bring to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer covered 10 to
15 minutes until macaroni is tender. Stir occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Womens Revenge
How do you save a man from drowning?
Take your foot off his head.
Dogs are Better than Men"
Dogs don't step on the imaginary brake.
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:
Cleaning Tips

Making Brass Handles Shiny
Remove your brass handles from your kitchen cabinets and put them in a
small saucepan of ketchup- just enough to cover the handles will do.
Bring
the temperature to a boil and immediately turn down the heat. When the
handles are nice and shiny, take them out and give them a good
polishing!
The acids in ketchup work wonders when it comes to removing tarnish
and buildup from metals such as brass and copper!

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like to share with
fellow readers, please jot them down and email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Standard issue chicken jokes.
Q. Why Did The Chicken Cross The Playground?
A. To Get To The Other Slide.
News from Possum Waller

             "y'all have fun now ya heah"
Ways Professors Grade Their Exams
DEPT OF PHILOSOPHY:
What is a grade?
Take my wife...please
Someone stole all my credit cards, but I won't be reporting it. The
thief
spends less than my wife did.
A little more humor ...

You know your middle aged when...
You bring lawn chairs to outdoor concerts.

Funny English Signs
SEEN DURING A CONFERENCE: For anyone who has children and
doesn't know it, there is a day care on the first floor.

Ponderings
If a 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks
on
the doors?

The Cat To English Dictionary
gakk-ak-ak - My digestive passages seem to have formed a hairball.
Wherever could this have come from? I shall leave it here upon the
carpeting.

Oneliners
The worst thing about censorship is ************ ******.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not
understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand.
                   Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................