Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Jul 04, 2008 10:16 PDT

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday July 4th, 2008
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes! Have A Safe Holiday!
Stuffed Burgers
Onion Burgers
Peachtree Burger
Buffalo Wing Burger
More Humor
News From Possum Waller
And More Bad Jokes
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Stuffed Burgers

hamburger or chopped sirloin
med.. onion chopped
1 can real bacon bits

MAKE hamburger patties as usual, only about half as thick
(so you'll end up with twice as many patties as you need).
COMBINE chopped onion and about half a can of the bacon bits
SPRINKLE onion & bacon mixture in middle of 'half of the
patties. Then take the other half and place them on top,
mashing the edges together so they don't pop open when
frying/grilling.ole, and broil to brown. Serves 5.
Onion Burgers

1 1/2 pounds of hamburger
1 head of lettuce
1 sliced medium onion
Worcestershire sauce
Tabasco sauce
1 pouch of onion soup mix
4 cheddar cheese slices
1 large tomato
4 Kaiser style buns
Pam cooking spray

You really only need 1/2 or 1/3rd of the pouch of onion
soup mix. Blend the soup mix in with the hamburger meat.
Add Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce to taste, don't skimp!
Make 4 large burger patties with all the hamburger meat.
Spray a broiling pan with Pam and broil until the meat is
no longer pink all the way through. 5 minutes before you
take out the meat, cover with a slice of cheddar cheese.
Garnish with the lettuce, onion and tomato on the Kaiser
and serve. Want an extra kick? Coat the burgers in BBQ
sauce before you cook them.
Peachtree Burger

1 pound lean ground beef 1/4 cup peach preserves
1/3 cup chopped pecans 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
2 sliced green onions Sandwich buns
1/4 cup Heinz Ketchup Lettuce
Mix together ground beef, pecans and green onions; form into
4 patties. Grill to desired doneness. Blend Heinz Ketchup,
preserves and jalapeno pepper. Serve burgers in bun with
lettuce and Heinz Ketchup/peach preserves mixture.
Buffalo Wing Burger

1 pound lean ground beef Sandwich buns
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese Lettuce
1/2 cup finely chopped celery Sliced tomato
2 to 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce Heinz Ketchup
Mix together ground beef, cheese, celery and hot pepper
sauce; form into 4 patties. Grill to desired doneness.
Serve burgers in sandwich buns with lettuce, tomato and
Heinz Ketchup.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Womens Revenge
How do you save a man from drowning?
Take your foot off his head.
Dogs are Better than Men"
Dogs don't step on the imaginary brake.
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:
Cleaning Tips

Making Brass Handles Shiny
Remove your brass handles from your kitchen cabinets and put them in a
small saucepan of ketchup- just enough to cover the handles will do.
Bring
the temperature to a boil and immediately turn down the heat. When the
handles are nice and shiny, take them out and give them a good
polishing!
The acids in ketchup work wonders when it comes to removing tarnish
and buildup from metals such as brass and copper!

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like to share with
fellow readers, please jot them down and email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Standard issue chicken jokes.
Q. Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?
A. To Prove To The Armadillo That It Could Be Done.
The Beacon Drive-In Spartanburg SC
Another Southern Legend is still around, hopefully some of the readers
have stopped in and enjoyed the Beacon experience, cause it is that. If
your anywhere in the area it is worth the drive to get some great food!
Here is a link to the place so you can get a feel for what it is all
about.
http://www.beacondrivein.com/index.htm
News from Possum Waller

There was an article recently in the news, all about the loss of the
“macho“
man. Seems manly men are being replaced with an inferior “sensitive”
male.
Gee what was your first clue? Little snot noses running around in baggy
pants and sideways ball caps do not a man make. For several years now
I have had problems telling the difference of some of these upright
mouth
breathers. When I have to ask my Honey if that was a guy or a girl that
just went buy…well maybe I stepped off on the wrong planet? I am just i
n favor of the sexes looking what there gender is. I tell ya that last
Birth
Day just pushed me over the hill for sure.

             "y'all have fun now ya heah"
Ways Professors Grade Their Exams
DEPT OF PHILOSOPHY:
What is a grade?
Take my wife...please
I take my wife everywhere, but she keeps finding her way back.
A little more humor ...

You know your middle aged when...
People warn you about shoveling snow.

Funny English Signs
NOTICE IN A FIELD: The farmer allows walkers to cross the field for
free,
but the bull charges.

Ponderings
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?

The Cat To English Dictionary
mow - Snuggling is a good idea.

Oneliners
Tolerance is letting other people find happiness in their own way
instead
of your way.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
When you cannot get a compliment any other way, pay yourself one.
                   Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................