Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Jul 10, 2008 07:40 PDT

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday July 10th, 2008
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes! Cool Off with Great Iced Tea!
Southern Iced Tea
Orange Iced Tea
Mint Tea
Hot Weather Punch
More Humor
News From Possum Waller
And More Bad Jokes
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Southern Iced Tea

3 cups water
3 teaspoons (heaping) fresh orange pekoe bulk tea
4 cups cold water
Bring the water to a boil in a non aluminum saucepan. Reduce
heat to low and add tea; cover and let tea simmer for 5 to 10
minutes. Strain into a large pitcher and add 4 cups cold water.
Orange Iced Tea

1 6-oz can orange juice, frozen concentrate -- thawed
1 cup cranberry juice
4 tablespoons sugar
16 ounces club soda
mint -- for garnish
Combine orange juice concentrate, cranberry juice, and sugar.
Chill. Just before serving, stir in club soda. Pour over
crushed ice in goblets. 6 servings.
Mint Tea

4 tea bags
8 sprigs mint
1 quart boiling water
2/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup orange juice
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 cups hot water
Put tea bags, mint, and boiling water in a covered container.
Let set for 15 minutes. Mix all other ingredients in another
container. Mix all together, serve over ice. Yields 1/2 gallon.
Hot Weather Punch

8 tea bags
3 quarts boiling water
3/4 cup sugar
1 bottle ginger ale -- 32-ounce
1 can lemonade, frozen concentrate -- 12-ounce
Steep tea in water for 10 minutes. Remove tea bags and mix
tea with remaining ingredients. Chill. Ginger ale may be
chilled and added just before serving if a more carbonated
punch is desired. Serves 15.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Womens Revenge
What do men and beer bottles have in common?
They are both empty from the neck up.
Dogs are Better than Men"
Dogs admit it when they're lost.
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:
Cleaning Tips

Metal Range Hood Filter Screen Cleaning
Even though we put it off, we'll probably end up cleaning the range hood

during the course of our kitchen cleaning. To clean accumulated dust,
grease and grime from the metal filters or screens of your range hood,
simply spray with oven cleaner, let sit 15 minutes and put them through
a normal wash cycle of your automatic dishwasher. For best results use
a soap recommended for washing dishes that are greasy.

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like to share with
fellow readers, please jot them down and email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Standard issue chicken jokes.
Q. Why Did The Chicken Cross To The Middle Of The Road?
A. She Wanted To Lay It On The Line.
News from Possum Waller

Gosh I am out of rant this week...I know your glad! I try to stay away
from the
Obvious coronary causer...which is politics, small p because I am not
imp-
pressed with it. I know I am a screaming hawk and a lot of you are not,
so
I try to be nice when it comes to certain subjects. I think I am still
trying to
digest last weeks Beacon Burger anyway. But I want to leave you with one
Question, maybe you all could write in and tell me the answer?
Why do I have to press one for English?

             "y'all have fun now ya heah"
Ways Professors Grade Their Exams
LAW SCHOOL:
Students are asked to defend their position
of why they should receive an A.
Take my wife...please
I asked my wife, "Where do you want to go for our anniversary?" She
said,
"Somewhere I have never been!" I told her, "How about the kitchen?"
A little more humor ...

You know your middle aged when...
You schedule sex.

Funny English Signs
MESSAGE ON A LEAFLET: If you cannot read, this
leaflet will tell you how to get lessons.

Ponderings
If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the
pan?

The Cat To English Dictionary
moww - Shedding is pretty good, too.

Oneliners
Only when the plumbing is stopped up do you realize that a flush is
better
than a full house.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
Avon, now you can order it at home no matter where you are!
http://dworden.avonrepresentative.com/
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
   Get the facts first. You can distort them later.
                   Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................