Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Jul 29, 2008 15:22 PDT

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday July 17th, 2008
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes!
Double Chocolate Ice Cream
Maple-Pecan Ice Cream
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Homemade Peach Ice Cream
More Humor
News From Possum Waller
And More Bad Jokes
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Double Chocolate Ice Cream

2 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 to 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
chopped nuts or mini marshmallows, if desired
In a 2-quart saucepan, heat chocolate, sugar, milk, cream
and vanilla until chocolate is melted. Cool. Pour the mixture
into a blender and process until smooth. Add chocolate chips
(or chunks of your favorite chocolate bar) and blend until
chips are broken up. Pour into prepared ice cream maker and
freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Just before
done, add chopped nuts or marshmallows. Makes 1 quart.
Maple-Pecan Ice Cream

1 cup pure maple syrup, dark or Grade B if possible
1 tablespoon cornstarch
6 large egg yolks
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
Bring the heavy cream to a simmer in a heavy-bottom saucepan
over medium heat. Whisk together maple syrup, cornstarch, and
egg yolks. Pour about 1/3 of the hot cream into the syrup
mixture, then pour the syrup mixture into the remaining cream
in the saucepan. Heat over medium low heat, stirring constantly,
until hot and thickened slightly. Do not let boil. Strain into
a large mixing bowl. Cool the mixture; whisk in milk and
vanilla. Chill thoroughly then freeze in your ice cream
machine. Add pecans near the end of freezing time.
Makes 1 quart.
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

7 large egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
dash salt
1 vanilla bean
2 cups half and half
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
Whisk egg yolks with sugar and salt in large bowl; set aside.
Split vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out seeds. Combine
beans, seeds, half and half and heavy cream in a large
saucepan. Bring just to a simmer. Gradually whisk hot cream
into the egg yolk mixture. Return the mixture to the saucepan
and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture
thickens and coats the back of a spoon (do not let it boil).
Strain through sieve into large bowl. Refrigerate until
thoroughly chilled. Freeze in ice maker according to
manufacturer's directions. Makes about 1 quart.
Homemade Peach Ice Cream

1 cup chopped fresh peaches
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups whole milk
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon Vanilla
2 cups half and half
Combine the peaches with 1/4 cup of sugar and chill.
Combine 1 cup of sugar with the cornstarch and salt. Blend
the milk in gradually. Microwave on high (100%) for about 8
minutes or until thick, stirring two to three times. Slowly
whisk the hot milk mixture into the beaten eggs. Microwave,
on high (100%), about two minutes or until thick and creamy.
Chill thoroughly.
Add the vanilla and cream to the mixture. Stir in the peaches.
Freeze in an ice cream maker (in batches if necessary)
following the manufacturer's directions. Makes about 1 1/2
to 2 quarts.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Womens Revenge
How can you tell if a man is happy?
Who cares?
Dogs are Better than Men"
Dogs don't weigh down your purse with their stuff.
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:
Cleaning Tips

Fresh Smelling Dishwasher
When washing the dishes, you want them to look and smell fresh. For a
fresh smelling dishwasher, try placing a lemon half in the utensil
container.
Run your machine through a normal cycle, and your dishes and dishwasher
will come out smelling fresh and lemony. Lemon is great for all kinds of

ktichen cleaning as it leaves everything smelling wonderful!

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like to share with
fellow readers, please jot them down and email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Standard issue chicken jokes.
Q. Why Did The Elephant Cross The Road?
A1. Chicken's Day Off.
A2. To Pick Up The Squashed Chicken.
News from Possum Waller

Possum Waller is moving the International Headquarters up the road…yep
all of it. Pretty much out grown this place, so picked out a new one,
pretty
place, right on the edge of some nice woods and very quiet. Farther away

from the “Big City” and all it’s nasty problems. So over the next month
or
so this big event will take place. I will try not to interrupt you
reading pleasure
a whole lot, but it may happen. So thanks for reading this past 15 years
or
so and I hope I can keep it going a few more.

             "y'all have fun now ya heah"
Ways Professors Grade Their Exams
DEPT OF MATHEMATICS:
Grades are variable.
Take my wife...please
We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.
A little more humor ...

You know your middle aged when...
You go from being a do-it-yourselfer to a hire-someone-elser.

Funny English Signs
ON A REPAIR SHOP DOOR: We can repair anything
(Please knock hard on the door - the bell doesn't work)

Ponderings
If you tied buttered toast to the back of a cat and dropped it from a
height,
what would happen?

Oneliners
If you plan for a decade, plant a tree.
If you plan for a century, teach the children.

Sign Your Cat is Overweight...
Cat door retro-fitted with garage door opener.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
Avon, now you can order it at home no matter where you are!
http://dworden.avonrepresentative.com/
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
          When in doubt, tell the truth.
                   Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................