Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Aug 01, 2008 16:47 PDT

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday August 1st, 2008
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes! Some easy cooker's!
Cowboy Casserole
Crock Pot Meatloaf
Ground Beef & Potato Suprise
Rice And Hamburger Crock Pot Special
More Humor
News From Possum Waller
And More Bad Jokes
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Cowboy Casserole

1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 lbs ground chuck, browned and drained
6 medium potatoes. sliced
1 can red beans
1 can tomatoes mixed with 2 tbsp. flour or 1 can tomato soup
Salt
Pepper
Garlic
Put chopped onion in the bottom of the slow cooker/Crock Pot;
layer with browned ground beef, sliced potatoes, and beans.
Spread tomatoes or soup over all. Sprinkle with seasonings
as desired. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
Crock Pot Meatloaf

2 lbs. lean ground beef
2 eggs
2/3 c. Quaker Oats
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1/2 c. catsup or barbecue sauce
Reserve 2 tablespoons catsup. Combine beef, eggs, oats, soup
mix and remaining catsup. Shape into a round loaf for Crock
Pot or oblong for oven. Put into Crock Pot. Top with remaining
catsup. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or on high 4 to
6 hours or 350 degree oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Cover with foil if browning too fast. This slices very well
for sandwiches the next day.
Ground Beef & Potato Suprise

1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 large clove garlic
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. thyme
6 med. potatoes
2 large onions
1 can cream of mushroom soup (10 3/4 oz.)
1/2 c. water
Cook ground beef and garlic in skillet until lightly browned.
Stir in pepper and thyme. Peel and slice potatoes and onions.
Put 1/2 potatoes and onions into buttered Crock Pot. Add
browned beef and top with remaining potatoes and onions.
Mix mushroom soup with water and spread over top of contents.
Cover. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
Rice And Hamburger Crock Pot Special

2 lbs. ground beef
2 onions, cut up
1 can tomatoes
1 can tomato soup, undiluted
1 cup cooked rice
Brown beef in skillet and drain. Put browned beef in Crock
Pot; add onion, tomatoes, and soup. Cover and cook for 8 to
10 hours. Add hot cooked rice about 20 minutes before serving.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Womens Revenge
How are men and parking spots alike?
The good ones are always taken and the ones left are handicapped.
Dogs are Better than Men"
Dogs aren't threatened if you earn more than they do.
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:
Cleaning Tips

Stove Burner Cleaning
The best way to clean stove burners is to gently pull them out of the
stove
top, and wash with warm, soapy water. Use a gentle detergent such as
that used to wash dishes. Do not submerse them or allow the electrical
connection to get wet. If there is food or burnt particles stuck to
them,
use baking soda as a cleanser. Use it as you would a cleansing scrub,
or if you have stubborn stains you can make a paste with baking soda
and water and let it sit for 30 minutes, then scrub. Be sure to rinse
them
thoroughly with clear water. Depending on the condition of the burners
you may not get them just like new (if they are scratched, worn, etc.),
but you should be able to get them thoroughly clean. To prevent buildup
and burned on food, wipe burners thoroughly during your regular kitchen
cleaning ritual.

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like to share with
fellow readers, please jot them down and email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Standard issue chicken jokes.
Q. Why Does A Chicken Coup Have Two Doors?
A. If It Had Four, It Would Be A Sedan.
News from Possum Waller

Moving is of course a joy, I say that tongue in cheek. Soon as I can
figure
out how to get the chicken coop on the back of the truck my life will be
complete.
Up and down the road so much I have managed to stop at most of the fast
food joints along the way, course we both know that fast food is
somewhat
like "Army Intelligence" it doesn’t exist. So fantasizing as a am pone
to do,
I started thinking maybe there should be a "Nose Pickers dot com" that
you could list all your wonderful experiences at, maybe a
"whydothesepeople
havejobs dot com). I am sure I am not the only one who has fantasized
about
choking LaQuesha and Leroy to death because they cant figure out how to
actually deliver what I ordered in a timely fashion...sigh. I could go
on, but
maybe you can voice an opinion at:
http://www.my3cents.com/
It is funny to read at least.

             "y'all have fun now ya heah"
Ways Professors Grade Their Exams
DEPT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE:
Random number generator determines grade.
Take my wife...please
All my wife does is shop - once she was sick for a week, and three
stores
went under.
A little more humor ...

You know your middle aged when...
Finally, you can use words like "titillate," "shuttlecock" and "Uranus"
without laughing.

Ponderings
You know how most packages say "Open here". What is the protocol if
the package says, "Open somewhere else"?

Oneliners
We can never see ourselves as others see us.
Even the mirror image is backwards.

Sign Your Cat is Overweight...
Always lands on her spleen.

Things Women Would Like To Hear
Wow, I just don't know what to do with this money
we won in the lottery, so why don't you take it to
the mall and see if you can find something to buy
with it.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
Avon, now you can order it at home no matter where you are!
http://dworden.avonrepresentative.com/
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the
       difference between lightning and the lightning bug.
                   Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................