Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Aug 10, 2008 09:34 PDT

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday August 1st, 2008
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes!   4 No cooker's!
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
No Bake Cherry Cheese Squares
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
No Bake Peanut-Chocolate Brownies
More Humor
News From Possum Waller
And More Bad Jokes
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

1 stick margarine
1/2 cup milk
2 cups sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
3-4 tablespoons peanut butter, optional
3 cups oatmeal
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place chocolate chips, peanut butter (if used), oatmeal,
and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Combine the margarine,
milk, and sugar in a saucepan; bring to a rolling boil.
Boil for 1 minute. Combine the hot mixture with the oatmeal
mixture; stir well. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.
No Bake Cherry Cheese Squares

1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter or margarine -- melted
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese -- softened
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup whipping cream -- chilled
1 can cherry pie filling
Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter and press
into an 8- X 8-inch pan or glass dish; chill. Beat the cream
cheese until fluffy; add confectioners' sugar and vanilla
then beat until smooth. Whip cream and fold into the cream
cheese mixture. Spread on chilled graham cracker crust and
spoon cherry pie filling over all. Cover with wax paper and
put in freezer. Before frozen, cut into squares; return to
freezer. Remove dessert or individual squares from freezer
25 to 30 minutes before serving. May store in the refrigerator.
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake

1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sugar
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese -- softened
1 3 oz pkg cream cheese -- softened
1/4 cup butter or margarine -- softened
2 cups frozen whipped topping -- thaw
1 graham cracker crust
In small microwave-safe bowl place chocolate chips. Microwave
at high 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until chips are melted and mixture
is smooth when stirred. Set aside to cool. In large mixer bowl
beat cream cheese, sugar and butter until smooth. On low speed
blend in melted chocolate. Fold in whipped topping until blended;
spoon cheese mixture into crust. Cover; chill until firm.
Garnish with whipped topping and some shaved chocolate.
No Bake Peanut-Chocolate Brownies

4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup peanuts -- chopped
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine first 4 ingredients with a pastry blender. In a
small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and milk over low heat,
stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat; add vanilla.
Remove 1/2 cup and set aside. Pour remaining chocolate mixture
over crumb mixture and stir until well blended. Spread evenly
in a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Frost with the reserved
chocolate mixture. Chill for about 1 hour. Makes about 2 dozen.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Womens Revenge
What is a man's idea of helping with the housework?
Lifting his leg so you can vacuum.
Dogs are Better than Men"
Dogs mean it when they kiss you.
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:
Cleaning Tips

Baked On Food Removal
No doubt, the person in your home who handles washing the dishes knows
a thing or two about removing baked on food from pans and casserole
dishes.
Still, this kitchen cleaning tip might be appreciated. If, when washing
dishes,
one encounters a pot or pan with burned on food, one should put the
scrubbing brush away. Instead, place a dryer sheet in the pan, fill it
with
hot water and let it sit overnight. In the morning it will just need to
be
sponged clean. Apparantly, the anti-static agents loosen the bond
between
the food and the pan while the fabric agents soften the baked-on food.

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like to share with
fellow readers, please jot them down and email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Standard issue chicken jokes.
Q. Why Is The Chicken Good Looking?
A. It's Pretty Fowl.
News from Possum Waller

I was doing fine rounding up all the chickens that tried to escape
during
the big move. Buffy happened to see me and decided that she would
"help".
There is no way that this woman could help anything! She took off after
one of the hens squaking as loud as the hen was, Big Red, the head
rooster
saw her and got defensive over his girlfried. Buffy caught up to the hen

and dropped to her knees and tried to scoop her up, well Big Red,
protecting
his property, ran right up her back and started pecking her head
rapidly.
Well of course Buffy stated screaming and running around the yard with
a chicken attached to her neck pecking away at what was her neat hairdo.
She finally made it to her Behomoth and Big Red jumped off, she burnt
rubber all the way up the driveway and down the road. Big Red just
strutted
around the yard crowing like a very satisfied rooster, I just decided to
take
a break I was laughing so hard.

             "y'all have fun now ya heah"
Ways Professors Grade Their Exams
MUSIC DEPARTMENT:
Each student must figure out his grade by
listening to the instructor play the corresponding
note (+ and - would be sharp and flat respectively) .
Take my wife...please
She has an electric blender, electric toaster, electric bread maker.
Then
she said "There are too many gadgets, and no place to sit down!" So what

did I do? Bought her an electric chair.
A little more humor ...

You know your middle aged when...
You start appreciating larger fonts.

Ponderings
Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM?

Oneliners
Speak when you are angry and you will make
the best speech you will ever regret.

Sign Your Cat is Overweight...
Fewer calls to the fire department, but a sudden upsurge in broken
branches.

Things Women Would Like To Hear
Hey, how about inviting your mother to spend the summer with us.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
Avon, now you can order it at home no matter where you are!
http://dworden.avonrepresentative.com/
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
   I find that the further I go back, the better things were,
            whether they happened or not.
                       Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................