Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Aug 21, 2008 18:15 PDT

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday August 21st, 2008
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes!   Okree weee!
Fried Okra
Southern Okra
Bayou Gumbo
Crispy Fried Okra
More Humor
News From Possum Waller
And More Bad Jokes
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terrorism.
Fried Okra

1 pound okra pods, stem ends cut off -- sliced 1/4" thick
salt
cold water
cornmeal
salt and pepper -- to taste
Put sliced okra in a bowl, sprinkle with salt (liberally),
and cover with very cold water. Refrigerate for at least 1
hour. Drain; roll slices in cornmeal seasoned with salt and
pepper until well-coated. Fry in hot oil about 1/2-inch deep
until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
2 to 4 servings.
Southern Okra

1 cup okra -- sliced
1 small onion -- chopped
1/2 green bell pepper -- chopped
1/4 cup oil
1 cup thick tomato juice
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cook okra in boiling salted water 10 minutes. Drain. Brown
onion and green pepper in salad oil. Add tomato juice, cook
slowly 5 minutes. Add okra and remaining ingredients. Cook
over low heat 5 minutes longer. Serves 4.
Bayou Gumbo

3 tablespoons Pillsbury Best All Purpose Flour
3 tablespoons oil
1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
2 cups frozen cut okra
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (12-ounce) package frozen shelled deveined cooked medium
shrimp, rinsed
1 1/2 cups uncooked regular long-grain white rice
3 cups water
In small saucepan, combine flour and oil; mix well. Cook,
stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, about
10 minutes or until mixture turns reddish brown. Place
flour-oil mixture in 3 1/2 to 4 quart Slow Cooker. Stir
in all remaining ingredients except shrimp, rice and water.
Cover; cook on low setting for 7-9 hours. When ready to serve,
cook rice in water as directed on package. Meanwhile, add
shrimp to gumbo mixture in slow cooker/Crock Pot; mix well.
Cover; cook on low setting for additional 20 minutes. Serve
gumbo over rice. Makes 6 servings.
Crispy Fried Okra

1 pound fresh okra
2 eggs, beaten
5 dashes Tabasco sauce
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 to 1 tsp cayenne pepper
oil for deep frying
Wash okra and drain well; cut off both ends and discard.
Cut okra crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. In a bowl, combine
eggs and Tabasco; add okra and stir to coat. In a shallow dish,
combine cornmeal, salt and cayenne. Dip okra pieces into
cornmeal mixture to coat well. Heat oil in the deep fryer to
375 degrees. Fry okra in batches for 5 minutes or until
browned. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Serves 4.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Womens Revenge
What's the difference between a man and E.T.?
E.T. phoned home.
Dogs are Better than Men"
You are never suspicious of your dog's dreams.
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:
Cleaning Tips

Grease Removal from Kitchen Cabinets
When cleaning kitchen cabinets of touch cooking grease,, there are a few

commercial products that are very effective Be sure to read the back
label
to find the kitchen cleaning product that best suits your needs. You can
also
try using baking soda for a more environmentally friendly alternative or
mild detergent, such as that you would use to wash your dishes, to cut
through grease. You can also try cleaning kitchen cabinet doors by
combining a half cup borax, two tablespoons laudry detergent soap
flakes,
one tablespoon ammonia, and one gallon of warm water. Use full strength
in spray bottle or add two cups to a pail of warm water. If any
stickiness
remains, try using baking soda as a scrub agent. Apply it directly to
the
area - it should remove any residue without harming the finish.

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like to share with
fellow readers, please jot them down and email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Standard issue chicken jokes.
Q. Is It Okay To Eat Fried Chicken With Your Fingers?
A. No, The Fingers Should Be Eaten Separately.
News from Possum Waller

I was doing fine rounding up all the chickens that tried to escape
during
the big move. Buffy happened to see me and decided that she would
"help".
There is no way that this woman could help anything! She took off after
one of the hens squaking as loud as the hen was, Big Red, the head
rooster
saw her and got defensive over his girlfried. Buffy caught up to the hen

and dropped to her knees and tried to scoop her up, well Big Red,
protecting
his property, ran right up her back and started pecking her head
rapidly.
Well of course Buffy stated screaming and running around the yard with
a chicken attached to her neck pecking away at what was her neat hairdo.
She finally made it to her Behomoth and Big Red jumped off, she burnt
rubber all the way up the driveway and down the road. Big Red just
strutted
around the yard crowing like a very satisfied rooster, I just decided to
take
a break I was laughing so hard.

             "y'all have fun now ya heah"
Ways Professors Grade Their Exams
DEPT OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION:
- Everybody gets an A.
Take my wife...please
My wife loves to shop at Bloomingdale's. I bring her mail there twice a
week.
A little more humor ...

Ponderings
Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Oneliners
The next time someone says to you, "Nothing's
impossible, tell him, "Go dribble a football."

Sign Your Cat is Overweight...
Fifteen month gestation period, and still no kittens.

Things Women Would Like To Hear
Oh, go ahead and eat that third piece of chocolate cream pie.
If it's one thing I hate it's skinny women.

Real Ads
Illiterate? Write today for free help.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
Avon, now you can order it at home no matter where you are!
http://dworden.avonrepresentative.com/
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
    If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous,
he will not bite you.
    This is the principal difference between a man and a dog.
                       Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................