Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Sep 25, 2008 10:38 PDT

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday September 25th, 2002
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes! Eggs and More Eggs
Simple Eggs Benedict
Double Devil Eggs
Huevos Rancheros
Football Eggs (Like Scotch Eggs)
Southern Word of the Week..and you might be a Redneck..
More Humor
Trivia Bytes
News From Possum Waller
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Simple Eggs Benedict

1 can cream of mushroom or cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
1/2 C. milk
1 T. dry sherry
1/4 tsp. white pepper
6 eggs
Salt, if desired
1 C. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Paprika
6 English muffin halves, toasted and buttered

Mix soup, milk, sherry and white pepper until smooth. Spread
about 1/3 mixture in bottom of a buttered glass casserole.
With spoon make 6 indentations, spaced evenly in sauce.
Then break eggs carefully into indentations. Sprinkle eggs
with salt if desired. Cover eggs with remaining sauce. Top
with cheese and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at
325║F until eggs are set about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve on
toasted English muffins.
Double Devil Eggs

6 eggs, hardboiled
1 (2 1/4 oz.) can deviled ham
1/2 C. mayonnaise
1/3 C. chopped green olives
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. prepared mustard

Cut eggs in half. Spoon out yolk and place in small bowl.
Place egg whites on serving plate. Mash yolks. Add remaining
ingredients. Mix well. Spoon mixture into egg whites. Garnish
with paprika or parsley, if desired. Chill.
Huevos Rancheros

2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 T. oil
1/4 C. red chile sauce
1 T. green chile sauce
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
3 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 to 2 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
6 corn tortillas
Oil, as needed
6 fried eggs, sunny side up
12 slices avocado

SautÚ onions in 1 tablespoon oil until transparent. Add red
and green chile sauces, tomato sauce and oregano; bring to
a boil. Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes,
stirring occasionally. Add chopped tomatoes and cilantro. Heat
thoroughly and keep warm.
Fry tortillas on both sides in hot oil and dip in sauce,
coating both sides. Place on individual serving dishes and
top with a fried egg. Spoon remaining sauce evenly over eggs
and top with avocado slices. Pass extra green chile sauce.
Football Eggs (Like Scotch Eggs)

4 large hardboiled eggs
1/4 C. flour
1 lb. bulk sausage
1 egg, beaten
1 C. seasoned bread crumbs
Vegetable oil for frying

Roll hardboiled eggs in flour. Mold sausage around eggs.
Roll eggs in beaten egg and dredge in bread crumbs. Fry in
deep fat heated 350║F to 375║F until golden brown.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Send us your recipe or kitchen tip:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:

BAKING

If tiers of a multi-layer cake slip as you are applying
frosting, insert strands of uncooked spaghetti through the
cake for support. Carefully pull out spaghetti when the
frosting has set.

Fill cake pans about two-thirds full and spread batter
well into corners and to the sides, leaving a slight hollow
in the center.

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like
to share with fellow readers, please jot them down and and
email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Womens Revenge
What does a man consider a seven-course meal?
A hot dog and a six-pack of beer.
Dogs are Better than Men"
You never wonder whether your dog is good enough for you.
News from Possum Waller

Ya know even Possum Waller has got its share of the "lick the
red of'n your candy" people. You know the type, what ever ya
do they seem to find fault with it ... you laugh they sneer,
you like something, they have to "think about it". Worst I have
memory of is the gal who critized the newsletter cause I featured
"Velveta" ... now any self respectin' Southern boy loves that
cheese ..well now what can I say ... everyone has an opinion,
right? Only thing is I get to put mine here ... now dont get
me started ... I can have some opinions ... laugh.

              "Y'all have fun now, ya heah"
Standard issue chicken jokes.
Q. Why Couldn't The Chicken Find Her Eggs?
A. Because She Mislaid Them.
Take my wife...please
My wife and I went back to the hotel where we spent our wedding night.
Only this time, "I" stayed in the bathroom and cried.
A little more humor ...

Ponderings
Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a
shipment,
but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?

Oneliners
I don't know the key to success but,
the key to failure is to try to please everyone.

Sign Your Cat is Overweight...
No longer cleans itself unless coated in Cheese Whiz.

Things Women Would Like To Hear
What luck, they had a special rental rate at the video store on romance
movies.

Real Ads
Auto Repair Service. Free pick-up and delivery. Try us once, you'll
never go
anywhere again.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
Avon, now you can order it at home no matter where you are!
http://dworden.avonrepresentative.com/
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
Adam and Eve had many advantages, but the principal one was that
they escaped teething.
                       Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................