Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Oct 16, 2008 11:42 PDT

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday October 16th, 2008
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes! Ground Beef Masterpieces!
Mexican Stuffed Sandwiches
Mexican Burgers
Tex-Mex Lasagna
Chile Relleno Bake
Southern Word of the Week..and you might be a Redneck..
More Humor
Trivia Bytes
News From Possum Waller
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Mexican Stuffed Sandwiches

1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
6 ounces shredded mild Cheddar or American cheese
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
2 tablespoons chopped black olives
1/4 cup salsa
12 hard rolls
Brown ground beef with onion; drain well. Stir in cheese,
tomato sauce, olives, and salsa. Pinch bread out of center
of rolls; fill rolls with beef mixture. Wrap each roll in
foil; bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. Makes a dozen sandwiches.
Mexican Burgers

1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 slices Monterey Jack cheese with hot chile peppers
Combine ground beef with seasonings; form into 8 patties,
each about 1/4-inch thick. Place cheese slices (cut to fit
so edges of burgers may be pressed together) in center of
4 of the patties; cover cheese with remaining patties and
press edges together. Broil or grill over medium-hot coals,
turning once, until done. Makes 4 large burgers.
Tex-Mex Lasagna

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes, diced, undrained
10 corn tortillas
2 cups ricotta cheese or small curd cottage cheese, drained
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese with chile peppers
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded lettuce
1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
4 green onions, chopped (including green)
1 small can (4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
Brown ground beef; drain well. Add cumin, chili powder,
garlic powder, cayenne, salt, pepper, and canned diced
tomatoes; cook until thoroughly heated. Cover bottom and
sides of a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with the corn tortillas.
Pour beef mixture over tortillas; place a layer of tortillas
over meat mixture and set aside. Combine ricotta cheese
with Monterey Jack cheese and egg; pour over tortillas.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; garnish
the top with narrow rows of Cheddar cheese, lettuce,
tomatoes, green onions, and olives. Serves 6
Chile Relleno Bake

1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound chorizo or other spicy pork sausage
1 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
2 cans (4 ounces each) whole mild green chiles, drained and
seeds removed
2 cups Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese mixture, divided
4 eggs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
few dashes Tabasco sauce or cayenne pepper
In a large skillet, brown sausage and ground beef, breaking
up meat as it cooks. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion
is tender; drain well. Line a 9- x 9-inch square baking dish
with half of the whole chiles; top with 1 1/2 cups of shredded
cheese. Add browned meat mixture then top with remaining
chiles; set aside. Beat together eggs and flour until smooth;
add milk, salt, and Tabasco or cayenne pepper. Pour egg mixture
over casserole. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 oven for about 35
to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted around the center
comes out clean. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over
the top of the hot casserole. Let stand for 5 minutes
before serving. Serves 6.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Send us your recipe or kitchen tip:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:

Water Spot Removal from Stainless Steel
If after washing dishes you find little marks on your stainless steel
sink,
don't panic for this is simple to clean.To remove water spots from a
stainless
steel sink, rub it with a cloth dipped in rubbing alcohol.

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like
to share with fellow readers, please jot them down and and
email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Womens Revenge
What did God say after creating man?
I can do better.
Dogs are Better than Men"
You can force a dog to take a bath.
News from Possum Waller

I was on the porch about twilight when I saw this blur on a bike
sail by yelling loudly "hep me hep me" I figured it was Superman, and it
was, out riding his bike and getting an early start on Halloween, all I
could see was like a black blob, then I heard the crash and splash. I
got
up and wandered down the road to the creek ansd sure enough Superman
was splashing around in the water. Seems he dressed up like the Headless
Horseman and his costume got a bit tangled up and he couldn't see out
of his eye holes, thus the "hep me" I heard. Special Edna, Superman's
girlfriend came running up and jumped in to haul him out. He was a bit
wet but managed to get head free as he was sputtering, I toly ya to hep
me!. Well he needs some help but he's ok for now. All I can say his just
"bless his heart".

              "Y'all have fun now, ya heah"
Take my wife...please
My wife told me the car wasn't running well, there was water in the
carburetor. I asked where the car was, and she told me it was in the
lake.
A little more humor ...

Ponderings
Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn
down the volume on the radio?

Oneliners
Speaking of immigrants, how did the CA Governator get a green card?
Was there a shortage of body builders in the early '70s?

Sign Your Cat is Overweight...
Catfood dish replaced with Rush Limbaugh trough.

Things Women Would Like To Hear
What a break, I won a prize on the radio station.... tickets to either
the
super bowl or the opening of the New York Ballet. I got first choice
so pack your bags for New York, we get to go to the ballet!!!

Real Ads
Dog for sale: eats anything and is fond of children.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
Avon, now you can order it at home no matter where you are!
http://dworden.avonrepresentative.com/
Books from Wildduck Publishing.
http://www.amazon.com/shops/WildduckPublishing
Books added weekly
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member
        of Congress. But I repeat myself.
                       Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................