Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Oct 23, 2008 11:13 PDT

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday October 24th, 2008
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes! Punkin' evrybody's favorite!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Cookies
Southern Word of the Week..and you might be a Redneck..
More Humor
Trivia Bytes
News From Possum Waller
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie

2 packages (16 ounces total) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
dash cloves
2 large eggs
1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust

Combine cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, and spices;
mix with a hand mixer at medium speed until well blended.
Add eggs; mix until blended. Pour into graham cracker crust.
Bake at 350° F. for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Cool.
Refrigerate at least 3 hours, or overnight. Serve garnished
with sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping.
Pumpkin Pecan Muffins

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup milk
1 cup mashed pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup raisins or chopped dates, optional
Grease large muffin cups or line with paper liners. In a
medium mixing bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder,
cinnamon, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, mix egg with
milk, oil, and pumpkin. Stir liquid ingredients into dry
ingredients, mixing just until moistened. Stir in chopped
nuts and raisins or dates if using. Fill muffin cups about
2/3 to 3/4 full. Makes 12 large muffins.
Pumpkin Pie

1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup evaporated milk, undiluted
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 unbaked pastry shell (9-inch)
Combine pumpkin, sugar, salt, spices, and flour in a medium
mixing bowl. Add eggs; mix well. Add evaporated milk, water,
and vanilla; mix well. Pour into pastry-lined pie pan. Bake
at 400° for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350° and bake about
35 minutes longer, or until center is set.
Pumpkin Cookies

1/2 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed or canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Heat oven to 375° F.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together
until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time; stir
in pumpkin and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine
flour, baking powder and spices; stir to blend.
Add dry ingredients to butter and sugar mixture; stir well.
Stir in chopped nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about
1-inch apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake in upper half
of oven for about 12-14 minutes. Remove to wire racks to
cool. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Send us your recipe or kitchen tip:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:

Water Spot Removal from Dishes
When washing dishes, add a little vinegar to the water. The vinegar
prevents water spots from forming on the dishes.

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like
to share with fellow readers, please jot them down and and
email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Womens Revenge
What do you have when you have two balls in your hands?
A man's undivided attention.
Dogs are Better than Men
Middle-aged dogs don't feel the need to abandon
you for a younger owner.
News from Possum Waller

Buffy stopped by the other day. I know not really news worthy. But
really
she is a study that is for sure. I hav onserved her for a long time, she
is
what I (and others) call a "Drama Queen". Not that she knows what
that is and wouldnt change it if she did. Not happy unless she is
gosiping
about someone or overreacting about some resnt event. She needs to
wear a shirt that says "run, save yourself". But then again it is a
source
of amusement, you can always tell her something like, "did ya hear that
the new wider woman has been sleeping with that preacher", just deny any
names and she will take it from there.

              "Y'all have fun now, ya heah"
Take my wife...please
My wife and I went to a hotel where we got a waterbed. My wife called
it the Dead Sea.
A little more humor ...

Ponderings
If you throw a cat out a car window does it become kitty liter?

Oneliners
I'm going to invest my money in taxes.
It's the only sure thing to go up.

Sign Your Cat is Overweight...
Luxurious, shiny black fur replaced with mint green polyester pants
suit.

Things Women Would Like To Hear
Who wants to play golf when I can get to see how
good the lawn looks when it's freshly mowed.

Real Ads
Man wanted to work in dynamite factory.
Must be willing to travel.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
Avon, now you can order it at home no matter where you are!
http://dworden.avonrepresentative.com/
Books from Wildduck Publishing.
http://www.amazon.com/shops/WildduckPublishing
Books added weekly
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
Honesty is the best policy -- when there is money in it.
                       Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................