Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Nov 06, 2008 11:09 PST

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday November 6th, 2008
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes! Reader's Send There Favorites!
Festive Tuna Salad
Hey Curly - Where's Moe
Sweet & Spicy Sauce
Garlic Shrimp with Wilted Spinach
Southern Word of the Week..and you might be a Redneck..
More Humor
Trivia Bytes
News From Possum Waller
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Festive Tuna Salad

2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon juice
Salt to taste
Freshly Ground Black pepper to taste
4 - 8 Ounce Tuna Steaks, Cut in 1" thick
Salsa:
1/2 Cup Hothouse Cucumber, peeled and diced
1/2 Cup Tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 Cup Pineapple, diced
3 Scallions, Thinly sliced w/3" green
3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime juice
1 1/2 Teaspoons Jalapeno Pepper, seeded, finely diced
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, chopped
Prepare tuna: In shallow bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt and
pepper. Add the tuna, coat well and let rest for 15 minutes, turning
once.
Prepare salsa: In separate bowl, combine all the remaining
ingredients except chopped cilantro. Refrigerate, covered, for up to one
hour.
Shortly before serving, sear tuna in a nonstick skillet over medium heat
for 4-5 minutes on the first side, adding any remaining marinade or
extra oil, if necessary. Turn the fish and sear for 3 minutes on the
second side, for medium rare. With a spatula, remove tuna steaks to 4
serving plates.
Divide salsa, with the juices, equally atop tuna. Serves 4.
Sherrie Belliveau "Northwoods Gourmet" <nwgou-@charter.net>
Hey Curly - Where's Moe

12 Ounces Oriental Curly Noodles (Ramen Style without seasoning
packet)
Water to cook noodles
2 Pounds Boneless chicken breasts, Cut into 1" cubes
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil for cooking chicken
3 6 inch Zucchini, 1/2" half moon shape
30 Fresh pea pods, End Trimmed
3 cups Broccoli floret
1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded, cored, julienne cut
2 Large Carrots, Julienned
Sweet & Spicy Sauce
2 Cups Water, Divided
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Sesame oil
1 Tablespoon Chinese Chili w/garlic or to taste
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
Place water in saucepan and bring to simmer. Place dry noodles in
water and cook 3-4 minutes or until tender.
In large skillet, saute chicken pieces in oil, turning occasionally.
When chicken is 1/2 cooked, add vegetables and saute until chicken is
done and vegetables are tender yet still crisp.
Add Sweet & Spicy Sauce and drained noodles. Mix well and heat
through. Serve immediately. Serves 8.
Sherrie Belliveau "Northwoods Gourmet" <nwgou-@charter.net>
Sweet & Spicy Sauce

Combine 1/2 cup water with cornstarch and mix until cornstarch is
dissolved.
Combine remaining ingredients, including 1 1/2 cups water, in a
medium saucepan. Bring to a low boil.
Add cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly until smooth. Bring to
full boil then remove from heat.
Refrigerate any unused sauce.
Sherrie Belliveau "Northwoods Gourmet" <nwgou-@charter.net>
Garlic Shrimp with Wilted Spinach

2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Green Onions, Sliced
2 Tablespoons Sherry, white wine or chicken stock
1 Envelope Lipton Herb & Garlic Soup Mix
1 Cup Water
1 Pound Medium Shrimp, uncooked, cleaned
1 Large Tomato, Diced
2 Cups Fresh spinach leaves (frozen can be used)
1/4 Cup Unslated Cashews, chopped
In 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook green onion,
stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until slightly soft. Add cherry or
wine and bring to boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Stir in
garlic soup mix blended with water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in
shrimp, tomato, spinach and cashews. Simmer, stirring, 2 minutes or
until shrimp turn pink. serve over cooked rice. Serves 4.
Sherrie Belliveau "Northwoods Gourmet" <nwgou-@charter.net>
Many thanks to Sherrie with Northwoods Gourmet for these great
recipes! Sherrie even claims to make Bubba food like mac n cheese
and meatloaf ... wouldnt invite me to dinner though ... darn.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Send us your recipe or kitchen tip:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:

Plastic Container Stain Removal
If you stored a tomato based product, such as pasta, in a plastic
container,
chances are your Tupperware is stained. If you heated the pasta in the
microwave using the same container, chances are your plasticware is
stained
permanantly. Washing the dishes will help, but your containers may be
stained beyond repair. To avoid this, spray your bowls or containers
with a
no stick cooking spray before each use to keep your plastic containers
from
getting stained from red sauces.In addition, one should never place a
tomato
based product in the microwave if one is using a plastic container.
Because
the plastic is so pourous, the tomato gets embedded in the pores. If a
container
is already stained, you have to get a little creative when washing the
dishes.
Your first option is to fill the bowl with hot water and drop in a
couple of
denture tablets. Leave for a couple of hours and when you come back the
stains will hopefully be removed. You can also try soaking the container
in
one part bleach to two parts of water. Make sure you give the bowls a
thorough rinse, maybe even a run through in the microwave, before using
again.

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like
to share with fellow readers, please jot them down and and
email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Womens Revenge
What are the two reasons why men don't mind their own business?
1. No mind. 2. No business.
Dogs are Better than Men
Gorgeous dogs don't know they're gorgeous.
News from Possum Waller

Well it snowed recently, mountains got a fair amount and it was cold for
sure.
Now it is about swimming weather again. But the Fall colors are very
nice
this year, lots of pretty color. One of the joys of living out here is
the four
seasons. Since it is quiet in my new office I have some time to reflect
on
things, as you know a button with me is the Politically Correct
thingy...
it dawned on me, I feel it erodes my freedom of speech when some other
party feels they must tell me what to say and how to say it. It is a
very
short trip to censorship, so I guess I will wander on ticking people
off. If
you need to comment, feel free to.

              "Y'all have fun now, ya heah"
Take my wife...please
My wife is on a new diet. Coconuts and bananas. She hasn't lost weight,
but can she climb a tree!
A little more humor ...

Ponderings
If corn oil comes from corn, where does baby oil come from?

Oneliners
Football isn't a contact sport. It's a collision sport.
Dancing is a contact sport.

Sign Your Cat is Overweight...
It's no longer safe to lift him without a spotter.

Things Women Would Like To Hear
Shoot, there's nothing on TV but football games.
Let's go furniture shopping.

Real Ads
Stock up and save. Limit: one.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
Avon, now you can order it at home no matter where you are!
http://dworden.avonrepresentative.com/
Books from Wildduck Publishing.
http://www.amazon.com/shops/WildduckPublishing
Books added weekly
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
Last week I stated that this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever
seen.
     I have since been visited by her sister
     and now wish to withdraw that statement.
                       Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................