Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Nov 13, 2008 14:48 PST

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday November 13th, 2008
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes! More punkin'!!
Pumpkin Pie Quesadillas
Pumpkin Almond Bread
Spicy Pumpkin Bread
Walnut Pumpkin Pie
Southern Word of the Week..and you might be a Redneck..
More Humor
Trivia Bytes
News From Possum Waller
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Pumpkin Pie Quesadillas

1-16 oz. can pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
8-6 inch flour tortillas
1-8 oz. package light cream cheese, softened
Cool Whip

Combine pumpkin, sugar, and spice; set aside
Spread cream cheese in an equal amount on each
flour tortilla to within a half inch of edge. Do the
same with the pumpkin mixture untill all are made.
Heat griddle to a medium heat and spray the
griddle with vegetable spray. Place each tortilla
filling-side up onto griddle for 1 to 2 minutes and
quickly fold in half. Place on a platter and cover
to keep warm. Repeat until all are cooked and
folded. Cut each folded tortilla in halves or thirds.
Top with Cool Whip. Serves 6 to 8.
From Marti Blassingame (mbg-@neto.com)
Thanks Marti I know its good!
Pumpkin Almond Bread

1/2 c. oil 2/3 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. sugar
1 c. mashed or caned pumpkin
1 egg
1 T. grated orange rind
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. ginger
1/2 c. toasted chopped or slivered almonds

Beat together the first 5 ingredients. Sift together the
dry ingredients and mix the two together. Stir in the
almonds last. Grease and floured 1 loaf pan and bake at
350 for 1 hr.
Spicy Pumpkin Bread

1 c. oil
2 c. mashed or caned pumpkin
4 beaten eggs
2/3 c. water
3 1/3 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
3 c. sugar
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1 t. ginger
1 t. salt

Beat together the first 4 ingredients. Sift together dry
ingredients and mix with the moist. Makes 2 large or 3
small loaves. Bake at 350 for 50 - 60 min.
Walnut Pumpkin Pie

1 graham cracker pie crust
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1 egg, beaten
1-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons cold margarine
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped (could use pecans)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine pumpkin, milk, egg,
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Mix well.
Pour into pie crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove pie.
Reduce temperature to 350 degrees. Combine sugar, flour
and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, cut in margarine
until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle nut mixture over
pie. bake for 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Insert knife 1 inch from edge. Cool. Refrigerate leftovers.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Send us your recipe or kitchen tip:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:

Preventive Plumbing
Before washing dishes, scrape off any leftover food particles into the
garbage. If we don't do this, we risk getting these particles into our
drain
which will cause the food to rot and clog the drain. Pouring a solution
of
water and salt (1/2 cup salt per quart of water) into sink drains every
other
week, removes grease and prevents odors.

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like
to share with fellow readers, please jot them down and and
email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Womens Revenge
How is a man like a snowstorm?
Because you don't know when it's coming, how many inches you'll get,
and how long it'll stay.
Dogs are Better than Men
The worst social disease you can get from dogs is fleas. (OK, the
*really*
worst disease you can get from them is rabies, but there's a vaccine for
it,
and you get to kill the one that gave it to you.)
News from Possum Waller

To say it is a slow news week is an understatement, Buffy hasn't hit any
thing and Superman hasn't fallen off his bike, or anything else
recently.
It is however to wet to plow Quiet is nice I think. The screaming
insults of
the Election are finally over with (I hope). Cant even complain a lot
about
the price of gas, but I am sure it wont stay very low very long. I think
people
are starting to think about Christmas and the Holidays coming up soon.
And of course worry about the pain at the purse. Don't forget that when
Spring comes around you can always plant a small garden and learn to
freeze or can food. Doesn't take a lot of room to grow things and you
can
even do it on your patio in a container. So help out the food bill and
your
stress level and grow something. If your pinching some pennies, look up
Angel Food Network on your search engine. A group of Churches that
buy food in bulk and pass the cost on to those who want to participate.
Not sure if it is Nationwide but it is large.

              "Y'all have fun now, ya heah"
Take my wife...please
She was at the beauty shop for two hours. That was only for the
estimate.
A little more humor ...

Pondering's
How did a fool and his money get together?

Oneliners
Winter is nature's way of saying, "Up yours."

Sign Your Cat is Overweight...
"Steals breath" from all five quintuplets, simultaneously.

Things Women Would Like To Hear
Man I tell you, nothing feels better than getting
all spruced up in a suit and tie.

Real Ads
Semi-annual After-Christmas sale.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
Avon, now you can order it at home no matter where you are!
http://dworden.avonrepresentative.com/
Books from Wildduck Publishing.
http://www.amazon.com/shops/WildduckPublishing
Books added weekly
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
Giving up smoking is easy...I've done it hundreds of times.
                       Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................