Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Nov 26, 2008 17:33 PST

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday November 27th, 2008 Happy Thanksgiving!
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes! Stuff this y'all!
Apple Pecan Cornbread Dressing
Chestnutt Turkey Stuffing
Country Sausage and Cornbread Stuffing
Southern Cornbread and Oyster Dressing
Southern Word of the Week..and you might be a Redneck..
More Humor
Trivia Bytes
News From Possum Waller
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Apple Pecan Cornbread Dressing

1 (13 x 9-inch) pan cornbread, cooled and crumbled
1 (8 oz.) pkg. herb stuffing mix
2 T. chopped fresh parsley or 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
3/4 C. butter or margarine
1 C. chopped celery
1 C. chopped onion
2 C. apple juice
2 C. chopped apple
3 eggs
1/2 C. chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter a 3-quart casserole dish.
In a large bowl combine the corn bread, stuffing mix, parsley,
salt and ginger. In a heavy saucepan melt the butter and sauté
the celery and onion for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Add
this to the cornbread mixture and mix well. Stir in the chopped
apple, chopped pecans, apple juice and beaten eggs. Toss
lightly. Spoon dressing into the prepared casserole dish.
Bake at 350ºF for 30 to 35 minutes. Yields 6 to 8 servings.
Chestnutt Turkey Stuffing

1 lb. chestnuts
1 medium onion, chopped
3 stalks celery (or heart of 1 bunch), chopped
1 loaf stale bread, crumbled and moistened
2 T. parsley
1 tsp. oregano
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 C. butter, melted

Steam chestnuts for 20 minutes to make them easier to shell.
Shell and chop them coarsely. In large bowl, lightly toss
chestnuts, onion, celery, bread, parsley, oregano, salt and
pepper. Add eggs and butter and toss well. If too dry, add
little sprinkles of water. More bread can be added to the
stuffing if more volume is needed. Fill large cavity and
neck cavity and fasten shut with steel skewers.
Country Sausage and Cornbread Stuffing

1 lb. bulk pork sausage
4 T. butter or margarine
3 medium-size celery stalks, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 medium-size red bell pepper, diced
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can chicken broth
1/2 tsp. coarsely-ground black pepper
1 (16 oz.) pkg. cornbread stuffing mix
1 C. pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
1/4 C. chopped parsley

Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage meat
and cook until browned, stirring frequently to break up sausage.
With slotted spoon, remove sausage from skillet to large bowl.
Discard all but 2 tablespoons sausage drippings from skillet.
Add margarine or butter, celery, onion, and red pepper; cook,
stirring occasionally, until vegetables are browned. Stir in
broth, black pepper, and 3/4 cup water; heat to boiling,
stirring to loosen any brown bits from bottom of skillet.
Add vegetable mixture, cornbread stuffing mix, pecans, and
parsley to sausage; mix well.
Use to stuff a 12- to 16-pound turkey. Or spoon stuffing
into a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish. Cover with foil and
bake at 325ºF for 45 minutes or until the stuffing is heated
through.
Southern Cornbread and Oyster Dressing

1/4 C. butter
1 large onion, chopped
4 scallions, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 C. crumbled cornbread
3 C. soft bread crumbs
1/2 C. chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 pt. shucked oysters, drained
1/2 C. oyster liquid, from drained oysters

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Sauté onions and celery in 2 tablespoons of the butter until
wilted, not browned. Combine cornbread and bread crumbs in a
large bowl; mix in sautéed onions, salt and pepper, and parsley.
Add beaten eggs and toss more; moisten with the oyster liquid
until moist but not soggy. Add the oysters.
Pat the mixture into a lightly buttered rectangular cake pan
(it should make a 1-inch layer in the pan). Dot with remaining
butter and bake about 45 minutes, until golden brown and set
in the center.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Send us your recipe or kitchen tip:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:

Household Odor Removal
Kitchen cleaning also means having to remove cooking or generally
unpleasant
odors in your home, you could try : 1) Simmering a potful of stick
cinammon,
orange peel, whole cloves and water on your stove. 2) Place small bowls
of
vinegar around the room, as it absorbs any lingering odors. 3) Sprinkle
some
cinammon on a cookie sheet and warm it in the oven.

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like
to share with fellow readers, please jot them down and and
email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Womens Revenge
Did you hear about the banker who's a great lover?
He knows first hand the penalty for early withdrawal.
News from Possum Waller

A bit early this week, but I was way late last week. A normal Holiday
for me
I dont get to enjoy being at home, so I will be off and running on
Thanksgiving
Day. I hope there may be a recipe you might use, I figure most of you
can cook
a turkey by now. Outside of shooting one cleaning it and deep frying it
there isnt a lot to know. I hope that all of you have had a decent year
up
to this point at least. This is the annual running of the bargain
shoppers
on Friday so dont get caught in the stampede, and dont blow your budget
at one place. Enjoy your Holiday!

              "Y'all have fun now, ya heah"
Take my wife...please
She got a mudpack and looked great for two days. Then the mud fell off.
A little more humor ...

Ponderings
How do they get a deer to cross at that yellow road sign?

Oneliners
The world is coming to an end. Insert 25 cents to continue.

Sign Your Cat is Overweight...
Larry King keeps trying to kiss it full on the lips.

Things Women Would Like To Hear
I'm getting a little tired of steak on the grill. How
about a nice quiche?

Real Ads
3-year old teacher needed for pre-school.
Experience preferred.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
Avon, now you can order it at home no matter where you are!
http://dworden.avonrepresentative.com/
Books from Wildduck Publishing.
http://www.amazon.com/shops/WildduckPublishing
Books added weekly
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
     The report of my death was an exaggeration.
       (New York Journal, June 1897)
                       Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................