Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Dec 04, 2008 10:58 PST

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday December 4th, 2008 Happy Holidays!
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes!
Apple Gingerbread Cobbler
Simple Peach Cobbler
Sweet 'Tater Cobbler
Vinegar Cobbler
More Humor
Trivia Bytes
News From Possum Waller
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Apple Gingerbread Cobbler

4 medium apples, sliced
1/2 C. brown sugar
1 T. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 C. plus 3 T. water
2 T. cornstarch

Preheat oven to 350F. Cook apples, sugar, lemon juice,
cinnamon and 1 cup of water until apples are almost tender.
Combine 3 tablespoons water with cornstarch, stirring until
all lumps are removed. Stir into apples and cook until
thickened. Pour into an 8-inch baking dish. Add topping.
Bake 35 minutes.

Topping

1/2 C. buttermilk
1/4 C. molasses
2 T. oil
1 egg
3/4 C. sugar
1 C. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Beat together the milk, molasses, oil, egg and sugar. Measure
remaining ingredients into sifter and sift into egg mixture.
Stir only until combined and pour over apple mixture.
Simple Peach Cobbler

1 can peaches or apricots
1 box white cake mix
3/4 to 1 C. butter or margarine, melted
Cinnamon (optional)

Place butter and dry cake mix in a large bowl and toss it
until it's moist and almost mixed. It's okay to leave some
of the dry lumps in the cake mix as they will get moistened
from the peach syrup.
Pour the peaches or apricots, with their juices, into a
glass baking dish. Top with the batter. Sprinkle this with
cinnamon if desired. Bake at about 375F until golden brown
and bubbly.
Sweet 'Tater Cobbler

3 large sweet potatoes, uncooked
1 stick butter or margarine
1 1/2 C. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt

Dumplings or Crust
2 C. all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
1 T. shortening
Milk or water

Peel and slice potatoes thin; cover with water and cook until
tender. Reserve liquid for pie.
For the dumplings, mix flour, salt, shortening and enough milk
or water to make a stiff dough. Use a floured board and roll
very thin. Cut into strips.
Using a deep pan, put in half of potatoes, butter, sugar and
spices. Cover with a layer of pastry. Place remaining half of
potato mixture on top of pastry and top with another layer of
pastry. Sprinkle with sugar, nutmeg and butter (mixed together).
Use enough liquid to make juicy. Test for sweetness. Bake at
400F until golden.
Vinegar Cobbler

3 C. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C. shortening
1/2 C. cider vinegar
2 C. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Mix flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. With fork,
gradually mix in just enough water (about 1/2 cup) until dough
holds together. Divide dough into 3 equal portions. On lightly
floured surface, roll out each portion into an oval 1/8-inch
thick and 8- to 10-inches long. Cut lengthwise into 1-inch wide
strips.
In an ovenproof 5-quart pot, combine vinegar, sugar, vanilla
extract and 4 cups water. Bring to boil over high heat. Reserve
8 pastry strips; tear the remaining strips into 1/2-inch long
pieces. Drop pieces into boiling liquid; boil 5 minutes. Remove
pot from heat; Crisscross remaining 8 strips on top of the
cooked dough pieces. Bake at 425F for 25 to 30 minutes or
until pastry on top is golden brown. Serve warm or hot.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Send us your recipe or kitchen tip:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:

Soap Film Removal from Glasses in Dishwasher
You can remove a soap film left on glassware in a dishwasher by rinsing
them with vinegar. If this is a continuous problem for you, you may want
add a half cup of vinegar the next time you wash the dishes. This will
remove
soap scum from both the dishes and the inside of your dishwasher. You
may
also want to try using less detergent than recommended if your water is
soft,
which is often the cause of soap residue.

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like
to share with fellow readers, please jot them down and and
email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Womens Revenge
Why are men like laxatives?
They irritate the shit out of you.
News from Possum Waller

Buffy showed up at the Annual Turkey Shoot. She had a brand new 12 Gauge
Pump Shotgun, almost as tall as her. She was very disappointed when she
found out that we would not be shooting at actual "live" turkeys. It was
a contest to see who the best shot was and you could win a frozen
turkey.
Well she bucked up and when it was her turn, walked up to the table,
more or
less pointed the gun downrange and before one of the guys could suggest
she tuck it in just a bit tighter, she let one off, it hit the ground
not far from
the table and kicked up some dirt flew up, I guess from the kick and the
sound thats why she dropped the shotgun, or maybe when she flew
backwards
about 4 foot, but it was all a bit of a surprise anyway. One of the guys
grabbed
the shotgun on its way down and two of them went to pick Buffy up. You
could see she was a bit sore but the embarrassment had caused her to
start to
cry(again). She got up and just slowly walked back to her Hummer, she
didnt even burn rubber this time. She left her shotgun there, so Buffy
if
your reading, Doyle's got your gun, he said he would clean it for ya.

              "Y'all have fun now, ya heah"
Take my wife...please
She ran after the garbage truck, yelling, "Am I too late for the
garbage?"
Following her down the street I yelled, "No, jump in!"
A little more humor ...

Ponderings
If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

Oneliners
The only thing lazy people do fast is get tired.

Sign Your Cat is Overweight...
Waits for the third bowl of food to get finicky.

Things Women Would Like To Hear
You know, I think I'd really prefer the four-door
sedan to that impractical Corvette.

Real Ads
Mixing bowl set designed to please a cook with round bottom for
efficient beating.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
Avon, now you can order it at home no matter where you are!
http://dworden.avonrepresentative.com/
Books from Wildduck Publishing.
http://www.amazon.com/shops/WildduckPublishing
Books added weekly
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
     Buy land. They've stopped making it.
                       Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................