Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Dec 12, 2008 14:52 PST

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday December 4th, 2008 Happy Holidays!
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes! Easy Holiday Recipes!
Bacon and Cheese Dip
Barbecued Meatballs
Cheese Dip
Crab Dip
More Humor
Trivia Bytes
News From Possum Waller
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Bacon and Cheese Dip

16 slices bacon, diced, fried and drained
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened and cubed
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup half-and-half
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash hot sauce
Put all ingredients in the Crock Pot and cook on low, stirring
occasionally until cheese melts, about 1 hour. Taste and
adjust seasonings, add bacon, and keep on low to serve.
Serve with cubed or sliced French bread.
Barbecued Meatballs

1 to 2 lbs. ground beef
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2/3 c. evaporated milk
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
Sauce:
2 c. ketchup
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Mix beef, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, evaporated milk
and soup mix. Shape into balls the size of walnuts. Broil 4
inches from broiler for 12 minutes or until done. Turn if
necessary to keep from burning. Mix sauce ingredients and
boil 10 minutes. Pour over meatballs in slow cooker/Crock
Pot turned on low. 2 pounds of ground beef makes about 50
meatballs.
Cheese Dip

2 lb. Velveeta cheese
2 cans Rotel tomatoes and chilies
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 sm. jar picante sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
Dash of Worcestershire
1 lb. premium ground beef
1 med. onion, chopped
1 lb. sausage
Mix all of the liquids and cheese together in a Crock Pot
set on low until the cheese melts. While this is cooking,
brown meats and chopped onion. Drain grease off of meats
and add spices, then add to Crock Pot and stir. Cook on
low 2 to 4 hours, keep on low to serve with chips and crackers.
Crab Dip

1 lb. Velveeta cheese
1 lb. butter or margarine
2 cans crab meat
Heat together. Keep warm in fondu or slow cooker/Crock Pot.
Serve with bread sticks.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Send us your recipe or kitchen tip:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:

Removing Build-up From Salt and Pepper Shakers
Removing the build-up from wooden salt and pepper shakers is done in
much
the same way as you would clean glass shakers. Be sure to empty the
shakers
out and then submerge them in warm soapy water for three to five
minutes.
After the salt and pepper shakers have soaked, scrub them gently with a
coarse sponge until you've removed all the grime and build-up. Then
rinse
the shakers and place them in the dish drain to dry.
Once the shakers have dried thoroughly, you can put fresh salt and
pepper
into the shakers and use them as you normally would!

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like
to share with fellow readers, please jot them down and and
email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Womens Revenge
Why do men name their penises?
Because they want to be on a first name basis with the person who
makes all their decisions.
News from Possum Waller

Well Supperman finally went over the edge, guess he isnt as young as he
used to be. He actually made it through 5 and a half Thanksgiving
dinners,
yup, that many, he had said he was going for the record (whatever that
is)
Thelma said he was eating in the normal Supperman way(gobling) when he
sort of looked funny and fell out of his chair. One of her kids ran
over to
the Doc's house to fetch him. When Doc got there he was moaning real
bad,
they all carried him over to Doc's office and he determined of course it
was
a bad case of overeating. SO the Pepto didnt help much so Doc called the
Ambulance over to take him over to the county Hospital. They just pumped

his stomach out and put him in a room to keep an eye on him. I went over
the next morning and he seemed to be fine, and of course complaing that
he was hungry...gees, the boy eats more than my favorite stray cat. We
talked
for a bit and he said he was going for at least 12 whole dinners, he
really
regreted not being able to get half way through but felt he could
"practise"
some more and be in shape for next year. Hey something to look forward
to.
Another trip to the ER!

              "Y'all have fun now, ya heah"
Take my wife...please
I bought my wife a little Italian car. A Mafia. It has a hood under the
hood.
A little more humor ...

Ponderings
What's another word for thesaurus?

Oneliners
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Sign Your Cat is Overweight...
He only catches mice that get trapped in his gravitational pull.

A Woman's Definitions Of Everyday Words
ARGUMENT (ar*gyou*ment) n.
A discussion that occurs when you're right, but
he just hasn't realized it yet.

Real Ads
Dinner special - Turkey $2.35; Chicken or Beef $2.25; Children $2.00.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
Avon, now you can order it at home no matter where you are!
http://dworden.avonrepresentative.com/
Books from Wildduck Publishing.
http://www.amazon.com/shops/WildduckPublishing
Books added weekly
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-08
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
     Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
                       Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................