Welcome Guest!
 Times
THE FLAMINGO TIMES  Wildduck Publishing
 Jan 08, 2009 13:18 PST

THE FLAMINGO TIMES

Welcome to THE FLAMINGO TIMES a Weekly Newsletter!
Thursday January 8th, 2009
Published weekly on Thursdays, give or take a day.
Mailed by request to anyone who loves good cooking, fun,
and a laugh here and there.
This is an opt in mailing list, you must join in order
to receive it. Subscribe/Unsubscribe directions are in
the signature of this newsletter.
Or Email to:
TheFlamingoTi-@yahoogroups.com
Or add from your current yahoo mail account.
Recipes, Humor, Cooking Tips, Links,
4 Great Recipes! Pie r' round Corbread r' square!
Southern Corn Bread Recipe
Apple Corn Bread Recipe
Corn Bread
Soft Corn Bread Recipe (Spoon Bread)
More Humor
Trivia Bytes
News From Possum Waller
Support America, Support our troops!
DAV site for phone cards for our troops.
http://www.operationuplink.org/
Laptops for the Wounded
http://www.laptopsforthewounded.com/
I urge you to boycott Citgo, why support terroism.
Southern Corn Bread Recipe

2 cups corn meal
1 tablespoon Argo or Kingsford's Cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1 scant teaspoon soda
1 tablespoon Karo
1 egg, well beaten
2 tablespoons Mazola
2 cups sour milk or buttermilk

Combine ingredients in their order. Beat and pour into medium
sized pan oiled with Mazola. Bake 30 minutes in hot oven, 375
degrees F. May be made with sweet milk and 2 teaspoonsful
baking powder instead of sour milk and soda.
Apple Corn Bread Recipe

2 cups white cornmeal
2 tablespoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 2/3 cups milk
3 apples, pared, cored, sliced

Mix the dry ingredients together. Add the milk and beat
thoroughly. Add the apples and mix. Pour into well buttered
pan. Bake about 35 minutes in moderate oven.
Corn Bread

1 1/2 cups cornmeal
1 cup flour
5 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
3 tablespoons shortening, melted

Mix and sift together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
Mix in the cornmeal. Add the milk, the shortening and the
well beaten eggs. Beat well. Pour into well greased pan and
bake in hot oven for about 25 minutes.
Soft Corn Bread Recipe (Spoon Bread)

1 pint of sweet milk
1 tablespoonful of butter
1/2 cup of white corn meal
1 egg beaten lightly
1/2 teaspoonful of salt
1 level tablespoonful of baking powder

Scald the milk in a double boiler, stir in the meal and let
cook three hours, then beat in the other ingredients. Note
that it is a tablespoonful and not a teaspoonful of baking
powder. Turn into a buttered baking dish suitable for the
table. Bake about forty minutes. Serve hot from the dish.
Sorry can't be responsible if you don't like it or doesn't
taste good ... can't test everything and I would weigh about
400 lb.. if I did!
Send us your recipe or kitchen tip:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Kitchen and Household Tips for this week:

Pots and Pans Stain Removal
Every now and then you come across a pot or a pan with a stain that
can't be removed by routinely washing the dishes. These stains take
a little time to remove. Stubborn stains can be removed from non-stick
cookware by boiling 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 1/2 cup vinegar,
and 1 cup of water for ten minutes. Before using the pan again, season
it with vegetable oil.

If you have kitchen or household tips that you would like
to share with fellow readers, please jot them down and and
email them to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Where Do Deleted Characters Go?
Dave Barry's Explanation:
The deleted characters are shipped to Battle Creek, Michigan, where
they're made into Pop-Tart filling;
this explains why Pop-Tarts are so flammable, while cheap imitations
are not as flammable.
News from Possum Waller

The wind has really been blowing hard last few days. I saw Supperman
riding his bike down the street and his cape had blown over his head
and of course he was screaming at the top of his lungs "hepme", not
sure how that one ended. I guess he decided to take advantage of the
wind cause I saw him today and he had fashioned some kind of sail
out of a sheet and some conduit and attached it to his bike. Poor guy
doesnt really know how to sail and all he could get was a more or
less straight line, when he needed to "tack" he just kept going. Sad-
ly that one didnt end well.

              "Y'all have fun now, ya heah"
Take my wife...please
I came home, the car was in the dining room. "How did you get the car
in here?" "Easy, I took a left at the kitchen."
A little more humor ...

Ponderings
What do they use to ship styrofoam?

Oneliners
As long as we have each other, we'll never run out of problems.

Sign Your Cat is Overweight...
Has more chins than lives.

A Woman's Definitions Of Everyday Words
BAR-BE-QUE (bar*bi*q)n.
You bought the groceries, washed the lettuce, chopped the tomatoes,
diced the onions, marinated the meat and cleaned everything up,
but, HE, "made the dinner."

Real Ads
Now is your chance to have your ears pierced and get an extra pair
to take home.
Now support our sponsors ... OK ... I mean I promised them you
would ... so go now, tell them I sent you ...
And if you would like to sponsor this newsletter email me:
flaming-@yahoo.com
Sugar Magnolias Antiques, Collectables Vintage Clothing, Purses, Shoes
Scarfs, Dresses and more!
http://sugmag.com
Avon, now you can order it at home no matter where you are!
http://dworden.avonrepresentative.com/
Books from Wildduck Publishing.
http://www.amazon.com/shops/WildduckPublishing
Books added weekly
OK boring legal stuff ... but have to do it.
DISCLAIMER......C.1995-09
OK, we are copy written ... all original content that is.
Have fun with it, use the recipes ... laugh at the humor,
most content is contributed, don't have a clue where some
of it comes from, so, sorry not responsible for it ... send
it, print it, fax it, take it to work and use the Xerox
subsidy your company provides ... just mention our name in
a loving sensitive way OK?
...................Wildduck Publishing......................
           http://wildduckpublishing.com/
Support this newsletter by donating at the web site or going to Paypal
and making your donation to: flaming-@yahoo.com
Well that's it for this week ... if you missed a copy let me
know and I will forward it to you.
If you wish to personally communicate with me, send email to:
flaming-@yahoo.com
       Thanks for all your support! Keep reading OK!
                       Publishers Note:
     Man - a figment of God's imagination.
                       Mark Twain

.................Y'all have fun now ya heah!................