Welcome Guest!
 FOS Forum
Whoops re: Institutional archives and cheating  Chris RUST(SCS)
 Mar 20, 2003 07:01 PST
I wrote this:
I'd be grateful if any list members have thoughts about this.

I understand completely why Stevan Harnad is keen to develop institutional
archives as the most do-able route to open access at the moment and I can see
that problems like longevity can be overcome if people are concerned enough

Sorry folks, for some reason my message above seems to be truncated and so does
not make sense. Unfortunately I deleted the original - it was about security of
institutional archives and whether they will be prone to post-hoc
editing/removal by unscrupulous authors or others in the institution.

If I can summon the energy I'll rewrite it and repost (but maybe I've said
enough in this brief summary).

regards
Chris Rust

Professor Chris Rust