Welcome Guest!
 FOS Forum
Derk Haank to leave Elsevier for Springer  Peter Suber
 Jun 18, 2003 09:05 PDT

[Also see the Elsevier press release
http://www.pressi.com/int/nomination/68281.html
--Peter]

Derk Haank to leave Reed Elsevier

Reed Elsevier announced today that Derk Haank, CEO for Elsevier, the science
and medical division, will leave the company. Derk has resigned and will
join Springer, the science and business publishing company being acquired by
Cinven and Candover early next year. Martin Mos, CFO of the Elsevier
division, will also be leaving the company to join Springer.

Crispin Davis, CEO of Reed Elsevier commented: "I am sorry to see Derk leave
the company. He has made a major contribution to the development of the
science and medical business, particularly in the recent successful
integration of the Harcourt businesses we acquired in 2001."

Reed Elsevier will take steps to appoint a new global CEO for Elsevier.
Until a new CEO is appointed the Elsevier senior management team will report
directly to Crispin Davis.