Welcome Guest!
 Grub&Grog
Who Needs Meat?!  Topica Editorial
 Dec 15, 2000 17:38 PST
========================
Grub & Grog Newsletter
========================

by Jenny Baker (jen-@get.topica.com)

I have been remiss. How? Vegetarian recipes don't make it into the
spotlight too much in our newsletter. It's not because they're not as
good as non-vegetarian options -- far from it. It is, possibly, that
there are fewer good places online to find veggie recipes than there are
to find non-veggie ones (although some of you may tell me I just don't
know where to look. If that's the case, please correct my error.).
Whatever the reason, today let's make a small attempt to rectify this
imbalance by creating a vegetarian menu for the weekend.

Salads are usually a vegetarian province, so let's start with one of
those. Being a big spinach fan, it's no surprise that Spinach Salad
sounds pretty good to me!

http://www.topica.com/lists/tipworld-vegetarianrecipes/read/message.html?mid=1600589209

You know what's next. Soup! This Andalusian Almond Soup looks very
interesting.
http://www.soupsong.com/ralmond1.html

Lentils are a popular vegetarian main course. Here are a couple of tasty
variations on that. This one's plain and simple, without being dull:
Lentils and Rice.

http://www.topica.com/lists/tipworld-vegetarianrecipes/read/message.html?mid=1600485729&sort=d&start=204

A little more elaborate is this Curried Lentil Plate. Spicy!

http://southernfood.about.com/food/southernfood/library/comm/blbb225.htm

To keep it a little seasonal, here are various vegetarian apple desserts
you can check into.

http://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjapple.htm

Related Info at Topica

TipWorld Vegetarian Recipes Tip of the Day
subscribe: mailto:tipworld-vegetaria-@topica.com

Food & Drink Channel (the best content on edibles and drinkables)
http://www.topica.com/channels/food/

TipWorld Food & Cooking Tips (great cooking tips and more)
subscribe: mailto:tipworld-foodp-@topica.com