Welcome Guest!
 Grub&Grog
Time for Thai  Topica Editorial
 Dec 19, 2000 15:05 PST

========================
Grub & Grog Newsletter
========================

by Pete Taylor (pe-@get.topica.com)

Feeling like Thai again? We've covered Thai food in the Grub & Grog
before (see our archives at
http://www.topica.com/lists/grubandgrog/read), but this resource for
Thai food, cooking and culture was so tasty, I felt an overwhelming duty
to pass it along. Many regional and cultural foods have excellent homes
on the web where visitors can explore not only the recipes from, but
also the reasoning behind, the foods themselves. Cooking *and*
philosophy combined, if you will.

Adventures in Thai Cooking and Travel offers just such a package. The
site is based on the collection of Kasma Loha-unchit, an author of Thai
cookbooks and a teacher of Thai cooking. Within you will find
descriptions of ingredients and tools as well as a comprehensive index
of recipes and articles on Thai culture. As ingredients for Thai foods
are often difficult to obtain, the site also has a list of markets
(online or otherwise) with Thai ingredients available. One part of the
site I found interesting was the featured herb (there is also a featured
recipe section, by the way). The current herb, for instance, is Thai
sweet basil (bai horapa), a tropical form of basil with a pronounced
anise/licorice flavoring. Kasma explains how the herb is traditionally
grown, prepared and used. She also provides recipes in which it is
commonly found. And I strongly urge you to investigate the recipes! All
in all, this is a site with a great deal of resources devoted to placing
tasty Thai food in your belly.

Adventures in Thai Cooking and Travel
http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/index.html

Related Info at Topica

Food & Drink Channel (the best content on edibles and drinkables)
http://www.topica.com/channels/food/

A Thai Delight
subscribe: mailto:A_TASTE_OF_TH-@topica.com

TipWorld Food & Cooking Tips (great cooking tips and more)
subscribe: mailto:tipworld-foodp-@topica.com