Welcome Guest!
 Grub&Grog
Dreidl, Dreidl, Dreidlů  Topica Editorial
 Dec 21, 2000 15:27 PST
========================
Grub & Grog Newsletter
========================

by Jenny Baker (jen-@get.topica.com)

To judge by what I have written lately, you might think that Christmas
is the only holiday of this season. It's not, of course. And in
recognition of that fact, let me bring to your attention that today, as
many of you may be aware, is the first day of the Jewish holiday
Hannukah.

As history is not my forte, I suggest that those interested in the
origins of Hannukah should click the link provided below for an
explanation. On the other hand, for those interested in what foods are
traditionally associated with the holiday, I recommend you read on.

Epicurious.com has a great feature on eight spectacular feasts to
accompany each night's lighting of a candle on the menorah. As latkes
are a common Hannukah food, they also have 10 recipe variations on this
extremely tasty potato pancake. Be sure not to miss those! And should
you wish to raise a glass, you can learn about which wines are kosher
for doing so (and anyone who's ever tried to choke back a slug of
Manischewitz will be overjoyed to find it is not even mentioned here).
Shalom!

Explanation of Hannukah:
http://members.aol.com/LazerA/chanukah.htm

Food and drink for Hannukah:
http://www.epicurious.com/e_eating/e04_hanukkah/main.html

A note: Your Grub & Grog will resume publication again once the various
celebrations have finally died down. Meantime, whatever holiday you
celebrate, enjoy!

Related Info at Topica

Food & Drink Channel (the best content on edibles and drinkables)
http://www.topica.com/channels/food/

TipWorld Food & Cooking Tips (great cooking tips and more)
subscribe: mailto:tipworld-foodp-@topica.com