Welcome Guest!
 Grub&Grog
Testing, One, Two...  Topica Editorial
 Jan 18, 2001 15:55 PST
========================
Grub & Grog Newsletter
========================

by Jenny Baker (jen-@get.topica.com)

Remember the days of studying vocabulary lists? We're about to resurrect
them (sorta). I'm sure that makes your heart fill with joy, but wait!
Don't delete this message just yet.

The vocabulary aids I want to tell you about today aren't designed to
teach you useless words like pulchritudinousness or obstreperous.
They'll teach you terms and phrases you might actually want to know,
about both beer and wine.

Anyone who's drunk their share of these beverages knows that their
devotees can go on and on about them, in words that are so unfamiliar
they don't even sound like they're in English. For instance, let's say
some wine snob told you, "Well, the abgang on this one is a bit tanky.
It's obviously been maderized." Would you have the vaguest notion what
to reply? How about you beer fans. Does "Great Gueuze! This lambic beats
the Kriek and the Frambozen hands down!" make the least bit of sense?

If no, then it's time to increase your word power, my friends, and
here's where to do it.

If you want to learn lots about beer, visit the BeerIsGoodForYou web
site. That's here:
http://beerisgoodforyou.com/Beer%20Vocabulary.htm

Wine tasters can pick up some new lingo here:
http://www.stratsplace.com/hawkins/winetaste.html#maderized

Get busy, y'all. There will be a test.

Related Info at Topica

Food & Drink Channel (the best content on edibles and drinkables)
http://www.topica.com/channels/food/

TipWorld Food & Cooking Tips (great cooking tips and more)
subscribe: mailto:tipworld-foodp-@topica.com