Welcome Guest!
 Grub&Grog
Obsessing a Blue Streak  Topica Editorial
 Jan 30, 2001 16:33 PST
========================
Grub & Grog Newsletter
========================

by Jenny Baker (jen-@get.topica.com)

This week, the folks over at FoodTV are obsessed with blue cheese. Kinda
fortunate, since I'm rather obsessed with the stuff myself, and not just
this week either.

Now when I say blue cheese, you folks know I'm not talking that goopy
dipping sauce that comes with chicken wings (not that I'd turn my nose
up at it). I refer instead to a pungent smelling, blue- or green-veined
block of cheese, in all of its inimitable glory. Nothing tastes (yes, or
smells) like bleu cheese, whether it's the English version known as
Stilton or Denmark's milder version called Danablu, because no other
cheese is made quite like it. What that phrase really means is that no
other cheese is made with the exact same strain of moldy penicillin, but
if you can overlook that unsavory fact, the taste is an incomparable
treat.

To check out some incomparable treats that contain blue cheese, FoodTV
is the place to go. They have a nice collection of recipes that use the
cheese, along with an interesting article on its varieties and origins.
Be sure to check out where North America's Maytag Blue gets its name
from!

Blue cheese at FoodTV:
http://www.foodtv.com/terms/obsessionbluecheese/0,3656,,00.html

Related Info at Topica

Food & Drink Channel (the best content on edibles and drinkables)
http://www.topica.com/channels/food/

TipWorld Food & Cooking Tips (great cooking tips and more)
subscribe: mailto:tipworld-foodp-@topica.com