Welcome Guest!
 Grub&Grog
Making Good Mornings Better  Topica Editorial
 Feb 02, 2001 14:01 PST
========================
Grub & Grog Newsletter
========================

by Jenny Baker (jen-@get.topica.com)

It has come to my attention that our weekend menus consistently overlook
the most important meal of the day -- breakfast. And since the weekend
is probably the only opportunity you might actually have time to cook
something in the morning (or early afternoon, as the case may be),
rather than scarfing back a hasty Pop Tart or bowl of cold cereal, I'm
thinking we should probably do a little investigation into tasty
breakfast options.

Pancakes are a breakfast favorite, but have you ever tried to make them
without using Bisquick? Me neither. Here's how to make 337 different
versions of pancakes from scratch.

http://soar.Berkeley.EDU/recipes/breakfast/pancakes/

Crepes are the thinner, more versatile, French version of pancakes
(sorta). The best thing about crepes is that you can fill them with
whatever your heart desires: vegetables or meat or fruit. Everything
goes well in crepes. Here's a basic crepe recipe. You to decide what
filling to use.

http://www.melborponsti.com/speirs/basic/basic022.htm

The following is a virtual bomb of cholesterol, no doubt, but good god
it looks tasty. It's Chorizo and Potato Fritta (they neglect to mention
the eight large eggs that are also part of it).

http://www.foodtv.com/recipes/re-c1/0,1724,11912,00.html

Here are 36 more breakfast choices covering everything from muesli to
omelets to French toast.

http://www.recipeamerica.com/recipes/breakfast.htm

Want to add a little spice even to your coffee? Give this Mexican coffee
a try. You may never be satisfied with regular coffee again.

http://mexicanfood.about.com/food/mexicanfood/library/blr69.htm

Related Info at Topica

Food & Drink Channel (the best content on edibles and drinkables)
http://www.topica.com/channels/food/

TipWorld Food & Cooking Tips (great cooking tips and more)
subscribe: mailto:tipworld-foodp-@topica.com