Share or Collaborate with Other N. Pole Solo Participants
Apr 12, 2004 13:16 PDT
Welcome all North Pole Solo 2004 Students & Teachers,
Wave is traveling to the North Pole solo and unsupported. But, he
*REALLY* wants to know who else is following his adventures.
So, if you are participating in this expedition, you are encouraged to
contribute in one or more of the North Pole sharing activities.
Two lucky classrooms will have an opportunity to talk to Wave live from
the North Pole via satellite phone!!!
Every classroom that "participates" in the online portion of North Pole
Solo expedition will have the opportunity to be selected for this honor.
There are a variety of ways that students can demonstrate that they have
participated -- and every valid contribution, will enter their school
into a drawing to be selected.
1) Welcome Message - Send a brief welcome message telling about your
students and your community.
2) Motivational Quotations - send Wave inspiring messges
3) Creative Captions - provide a creative caption for one of Wave's
4) Sound Byte Essays - tell how reading Wave's reports is impacting your
5) Treasure Hunt WebQuests - create a webquest that shows what you have
learned about the North Pole.
*Thanks to the all the students from Petach Tikva (Israel), Tashkent
(Uzbekistan), Georgia (USA), Michigan (USA), Mississippi (USA) and
California (USA) for your contributions!!
To learn more, go to