Welcome Guest!
 GSN Expeditions
Apr 11, 04 - Closer to the pole  Global SchoolNet
 Apr 12, 2004 13:22 PDT

Apr 11, 04 - Closer to the pole

My best mileage day yet! 11.5 miles, in 9 hours of skiing. I worked hard
and the ice was pretty good most of the day.

I've been getting late starts, but am trying to get out earlier in the
morning. Crawling out of a warm sleeping bag has been hard for me. I'd
rather stay comfy and toasty, than face the frost and putting on the
stiff, frozen jacket.

But eventually I get out of the bag and start my day. I won't have to do
very much equipment repair tonight (just a little sewing on my gloves),
so hopefully I can get a good nights rest.

My binding repair is working okay, not 100%, but it's getting me some
miles. Hopefully nothing else will break....

Well, a short dispatch today, as I want to get some rest. I hope you
have a great Sunday.

Today's dispatch is dedicated to explorer Dave Mills. He was the first
explorer to help me out, and is a true inspiration. Thanks for all of
your help Dave!
~Wave